Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, everyone when your bully sees or meets and greets people does he or she jump all over the person, or do they flop at their feet? I have one of each, my Male Bulldozer will run up to people, and he jumps all over them trying to lick and kiss them to death. I am trying to get him out of this, as he is strong and I'm afraid he's going to hurt somebody, so I keep him on a short leash when he greets people, and tell him to sit, he listens sometimes when he wants to, and other times he gets so excited to see people he starts to jump up on them, most of the time people are okay with it, but some people don't like it, so I have to tell people that he's a jumper when they ask to,pet him. My female Blossom never jumps on people, she runs up,to everyone with tail a wagging, and will just flop at their feet and roll on her back with paws up in the air, waiting for belly rubs, this usually makes people burst into laughter and think she's the cutest.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde does a little of both, but mostly the jumping with excitement.....and i'm like you...trying to make him not do it....it's been three years and still haven't gotten him to listen yet :) occasionally he will run over and just flop down .....

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have jumpers here and have found that if the person being greeted bends and starts petting before they get jumped on, then Ruggles will roll for a belly rub instead of jumping up. Sometimes Buster will copy Ruggles!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks use to be a jumper, as a puppy. We trained her not to and she now runs up and just wiggles her whole body until they pet here... then she runs in cirle and starts over. Chjeli, my 20lb Frenchie... dive bombs people.... he is a mess to train, soooooooooo stubborn

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I don't have either!! Dually for some reason is afraid of new people. When someone tries to approach him he runs in the other direction or hides under something. Once he gets to know you he is just fine. However, if my boxer Daisy is with him then he is very brave guess he needs some back-up to feel safe.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have neither. Mabel actually sits in front of them and raises her paw toward them, sometime scratching them (oops!). It's endearing. No wonder she has so many friends!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka runs up while bowing to them? Its really weird lol. In the end he ends up at their feet in his play bow, tail/bum wagging!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma's a jumper but she's getting better at not doing that since I've cracked down on her with a simple "off". She doesn't wiggle her tail or bum so I think that's always just been her way of greeting.

Wilson's not really a flopper but she loves people and greats them with with a wiggly tail and then runs off in excitement.

Abby&Jacks Mom

May 1, 2013
connecticut
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
abigail & jackson
Abby is a jumper though € am trying to teach her not to, it is a learning process. Jack will just go up and great people to be pet, but if you get down to jacks level watch out he will be all over you in a heartbeat!
:D

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie is about 25/75 jumper/flopper. She lulls you into insecurity by flopping at your feet for belly rubs and then she'll jump up wanting more attention sometimes. If it's someone that she's familiar with, she sometimes skips the flopping part.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby will sit at their feet and as soon as they touch him he's jumping up trying to give them kisses.

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Both of mine are a combo of both. I too am TRYING to train them not to jump in people including me. Since my accident I have issues walking and not always steady on my feet. However, they LOVE LOVE LOVE people and want to greet them with so much love.
Paisley will roll over and expect a belly rub sometimes buy Zeus wants you to love on him
Stubborn sweet babies lol

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online