Rocky's first Vet Visit Report

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
We don't use anything. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Since it's transmitted thru mosquito bites (and not all bites) I'm in an area where there really isn't a problem.
I've heard people say "An ounce of prevention in the case of heartworm pills is certainly worth more than its pound of cure". Vegas and O don't get to spend much time outside. Either it's too warm or it's raining. I don't even know the last time I was bitten by a mosquito.

If I needed something, at this point in their life, I think I would go with completely natural products. I'm not a fan AT ALL of putting poison on them. I guess some companies believe a handful of fatalities a year from complications is okay as long as it saves more. Am I wrong? Probably. This is just my opinion. If it's not safe for me to touch or apply to myself, I would not put it on my bulldog. They have no way of telling me that they feel sick, off or different. Vegas is already compromised from all his seizure meds. Steve (after taking Trifexis) started having seizures. He had so many in such a short amount of time, he developed aspiration pneumonia and an MRI showed fluid on the brain. Steve passed away 6 days after he turned 2. Everything in his life was mapped out, timed and monitored completely. Meaning.....he was watched every time he went outside, and a timer was set. Nothing in his diet or life had changed, except for adding Trifexis. Every test was performed before he passed and he was healthy. The only thing was the poison Trifexis.

I'm with Libra...I don't use anything...unless it's natural , after reading the effects it could have ....just chose not to go that route ....understanding that all choose differently and some don't have much of choice not to treat with something ....[EMAIL="... [MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION]" [MENTION=8699]GoldenRod[/MENTION][/EMAIL] i know you and i discussed this before...you said you were in a area where mosquitos were very bad :( and I completely understand you needing to do something...it would make me nuts trying to choose which way to go.....when i did have forde on something for heartworms and fleas, it was Sentinel...when it wasn't available for a while is when i looked into other brands and read things that was not good...making my decision to go natural.....glad to hear that Sentinel is back and if i had to put forde on anything like that, it would be Sentinel ! Wishing the best of luck in your decision!

Members online

No members online now.