Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rocky's first Vet Visit Report

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Here is the thing.....the only reason they recalled the chicken strips from China is because mass amounts of dogs were dying. Trifexis isn't to the point where they will recall it....but we are trying to get it done. We have a petition that we are working on getting signatures for..so we can make them aware. The FDA is in charge of recalls, and until we can get our voices heard, they will continue to sell it.

It's amazing how much opinions differ between vets. Our vet told us that he refuses to use Trifexis AND he took his parents dog's off Interceptor because it's the same active ingredient as Trifexis. I know of 2 bullies that have died on Trifexis since December of 2012. My signature below is a reminder of Steve every time I log on.
    @Libra926, What are you using for Heart Worm flea prevention now? @Davidh said he was using Sentinel, and Rocky is due his the middle of the month, So I need to act quickly and tell my Vet I don't want him on Triflexis. I contacted Rocky's former Vet Saturday, and gave them all my information etc, to have all of Rocky's shot history, medication history, everything sent to my new Vet, I have to take him back on the 13th, For shots and Heart guard Medicine, an he's allergic to fleas, So this is why the former Parents kept him on Triflexis, Until a recall had been ordered. I'm willing to go the extra distance for Rocky, in making sure he's safe, protected and healthy. The big thing I have noticed this week with Rocky, is he's spoiled to food. He isn't into eating any pet food, But he is definitely the first one to the breakfast table waiting on breakfast to be served, and pouts a lot when he doesn't receive anything but his pet diet.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We don't use anything. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Since it's transmitted thru mosquito bites (and not all bites) I'm in an area where there really isn't a problem.
    I've heard people say "An ounce of prevention in the case of heartworm pills is certainly worth more than its pound of cure". Vegas and O don't get to spend much time outside. Either it's too warm or it's raining. I don't even know the last time I was bitten by a mosquito.

If I needed something, at this point in their life, I think I would go with completely natural products. I'm not a fan AT ALL of putting poison on them. I guess some companies believe a handful of fatalities a year from complications is okay as long as it saves more. Am I wrong? Probably. This is just my opinion. If it's not safe for me to touch or apply to myself, I would not put it on my bulldog. They have no way of telling me that they feel sick, off or different. Vegas is already compromised from all his seizure meds. Steve (after taking Trifexis) started having seizures. He had so many in such a short amount of time, he developed aspiration pneumonia and an MRI showed fluid on the brain. Steve passed away 6 days after he turned 2. Everything in his life was mapped out, timed and monitored completely. Meaning.....he was watched every time he went outside, and a timer was set. Nothing in his diet or life had changed, except for adding Trifexis. Every test was performed before he passed and he was healthy. The only thing was the poison Trifexis.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@GoldenRod I gave Trifexis to Bubba 2-3 times in the past.. Each time, he became very lethargic for a day or two. I didn't realize after the first dose, what was wrong. I noticed this happened each time I gave it to him. Never gave it again. So glad I didn't! I signed him up for Trupanion insurance with an added hip displasia coverage. I got that when he was young because they don't cover anything pre-existing. I used it for getting him allergy tested (which I highly rec! Takes away the guessing). Good luck with your baby!

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    We don't use anything. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Since it's transmitted thru mosquito bites (and not all bites) I'm in an area where there really isn't a problem.
    I've heard people say "An ounce of prevention in the case of heartworm pills is certainly worth more than its pound of cure". Vegas and O don't get to spend much time outside. Either it's too warm or it's raining. I don't even know the last time I was bitten by a mosquito.

If I needed something, at this point in their life, I think I would go with completely natural products. I'm not a fan AT ALL of putting poison on them. I guess some companies believe a handful of fatalities a year from complications is okay as long as it saves more. Am I wrong? Probably. This is just my opinion. If it's not safe for me to touch or apply to myself, I would not put it on my bulldog. They have no way of telling me that they feel sick, off or different. Vegas is already compromised from all his seizure meds. Steve (after taking Trifexis) started having seizures. He had so many in such a short amount of time, he developed aspiration pneumonia and an MRI showed fluid on the brain. Steve passed away 6 days after he turned 2. Everything in his life was mapped out, timed and monitored completely. Meaning.....he was watched every time he went outside, and a timer was set. Nothing in his diet or life had changed, except for adding Trifexis. Every test was performed before he passed and he was healthy. The only thing was the poison Trifexis.
    I'm with Libra...I don't use anything...unless it's natural , after reading the effects it could have ....just chose not to go that route ....understanding that all choose differently and some don't have much of choice not to treat with something ....GoldenRod" @GoldenRod i know you and i discussed this before...you said you were in a area where mosquitos were very bad and I completely understand you needing to do something...it would make me nuts trying to choose which way to go.....when i did have forde on something for heartworms and fleas, it was Sentinel...when it wasn't available for a while is when i looked into other brands and read things that was not good...making my decision to go natural.....glad to hear that Sentinel is back and if i had to put forde on anything like that, it would be Sentinel ! Wishing the best of luck in your decision!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads