OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
*red faced* Aww thanks everyone. Its a drop in the bucket really - and that's the saddest part of all.
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - John, have you ever told your and Dozer's entire story in detail here? Your tale is a testimony to two things; 1) do NOT buy Pet Store dogs and 2) with pawrent dedication (and a ton of money) poorly bred dogs' issues can be overcome. You've suffered a heap of heartbreak dealing with Dozer's issues. If there was some way to put all of that into a pill --- that a prospective pet store dog parent could take - there'd never be another pup sold from a pet shop ever.

One of the things Uncle Fester mentioned was how devastating it would be to arrive at the airport to pick up a dead puppy (or two). I cannot imagine. I know a good many breeders fly pups places, but I am personally against that practice also. For all the "success" stories, I would bet there's far more devastatingly sad ones. Why take a chance, right? Why even leave a single moment to chance???

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Please let us know if/when he gets a bulldog (or 2)...maybe he'll either join the site or give you pictures to share with us.

edited to add: Did you ask him if he has any ghosts in his house?:eek:

Absolutely! (my "bulldog lectures" always come with an advertisement for EBN...:yes:)

We did not, however, discuss the paranormal. What? Do you think I'm a nut or what? :blink: Don't answer that.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
great info you gave to the gentleman -Ive had so many people ask where to get a bulldog and i preach St Louis bulldog rescue witch is the closest to where i live - we rescued April last year then i was laid off from my job for four months. my wife said April & EBN helped pull me thru the rough patch till my work got better ---LOVE THIS SIGHT !!!

fosteroni

Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Foster (3); Harley (2002 - 2010)
Wow. Such a heartwarming and heartbreaking story at the same time. Those poor pups! You made a HUGE difference!

EBlove

Mar 26, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Your neighbor is lucky to have someone like you. Thanks for sharing your story. (:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
*red faced* Aww thanks everyone. Its a drop in the bucket really - and that's the saddest part of all.
@BrooklynStar - John, have you ever told your and Dozer's entire story in detail here? Your tale is a testimony to two things; 1) do NOT buy Pet Store dogs and 2) with pawrent dedication (and a ton of money) poorly bred dogs' issues can be overcome. You've suffered a heap of heartbreak dealing with Dozer's issues. If there was some way to put all of that into a pill --- that a prospective pet store dog parent could take - there'd never be another pup sold from a pet shop ever.

One of the things Uncle Fester mentioned was how devastating it would be to arrive at the airport to pick up a dead puppy (or two). I cannot imagine. I know a good many breeders fly pups places, but I am personally against that practice also. For all the "success" stories, I would bet there's far more devastatingly sad ones. Why take a chance, right? Why even leave a single moment to chance???

I don't think I made one full complete post regarding our story up until this point, but I did make a blog post concerning my initial experience with him:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/entry.php?262-Decided-to-give-this-a-go!

One day I will make another post filling in all the blanks from that one until present day, but that post will take quite a while to write up since much has happened since then :/

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - John, I hope that you do. Like Lisa says, "If it helps one dog, it was worth it." :heart:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Great job on educating on the dangers of bad breeders. In addition to not supporting a bad breeder, you saved him some potential heartache as well. I commend you as it is not an easy subject to bring up and can be awkward, especially with someone you might not know well.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats my vicki [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]. if there is a bully to be helped or someone to educate she is there. great job my friend of enlightening folk about the bad part of bullies. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.