pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
mag eye.jpg

How to make this go away?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Uh oh..... what are you feeding? I think we were discussing this earlier this week, weren't we?

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Yes we are changing her over to Fromm .. It will be a week tomorrow.. It just that eye .. I feel so bad for her ..

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
wipe it with apple cider vinegar, dry it off real good, and put just a small dab of Desetin on it everyday for two weeks

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
wipe it with apple cider vinegar, dry it off real good, and put just a small dab of Desetin on it everyday for two weeks

And the apple cider vinegar cant be from walmart

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
who said? of course it can, the kind they drink should be with the mother. I also rinse my dogs in a mix of either white or the regular apple cider vinegar. One gallon water to 1 cup vinegar. mix in a coffee cup some warm water, add a couple tablespoons of acv, take a cotton ball and wipe the tear stain , dry it real good and put just a small dab of Desetin on the stain. some people use baking soda mixed with the acv as a paste, let it dry. that works too, but I just prefer this direction. I have no stains right now out of 5. but when I did, this is what I used.

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
who said? of course it can, the kind they drink should be with the mother. I also rinse my dogs in a mix of either white or the regular apple cider vinegar. One gallon water to 1 cup vinegar. mix in a coffee cup some warm water, add a couple tablespoons of acv, take a cotton ball and wipe the tear stain , dry it real good and put just a small dab of Desetin on the stain. some people use baking soda mixed with the acv as a paste, let it dry. that works too, but I just prefer this direction. I have no stains right now out of 5. but when I did, this is what I used.

thanks so much .. ok i thought it couldnt be .. but when they are drinking it needs to be the better then the one from walmart..

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
This may be a stupid question.....

Are tear stains only within the folds near their cheeks? Otis has dark circles around his eyes and I'm a little scared to use the vinegar/ointment near it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This may be a stupid question.....

Are tear stains only within the folds near their cheeks? Otis has dark circles around his eyes and I'm a little scared to use the vinegar/ointment near it.

It should be fine as long as you don't get it in the eyes ... and make sure they don't rub it in to their eyes themselves

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I will have to try this too as what I'm using the crap from the pet shop as soon as I stop using it the stain comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Are you giving her filtered water to drink? A lot of times the sediment in the tap water can cause tear stains too.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle has developed some stains since she is teething and allergies may also be an she has been sneezing when she goes outside. I have been using Triple Paste after I clean her folds with witch hazel but it doesn't seem to be working very well. I think I may try the ACV instead of the WH. I am also going to give her distilled water in lieu of the tap water to see if that helps.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm going to try this remedy too. Blossom has started getting some staining around her eyes. My guys get Fromms Beef twice a day, and ACV in their drinking water. Her eyes water sometimes since her cherry eye surgeries, so I wonder if this is some of the cause of the staining? Bulldozer doesn't have any eye staining and he didn't have cherry eye problems, also he's mostly brown in colour, and Blossom is mostly white, and I think dogs that have white fur have more tear eye problems.

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Have you ever had the vinegar screw give your dog a loose stool? We tried the good stuff (with the mother) this week and it seems to have messed up Koozer. Any thoughts?

Most Reactions