Frosty Paws Ice Cream

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Has anyone tried this? It's an actual ice cream that you can buy at Wal-Mart for the pups. I know that it won't be for everyone as it has grains listed in the ingredients, but we tried it last night. Ellie LOVED it. I'm sure that some can find a recipe that is grain free though. The downside is that it's made by Purina, but for a birthday treat, we figured it wouldn't be too bad.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh yeah, Mona loves those things. We get her the peanut butter. She probably eats a box in 2 years, that's how infrequently she gets them.

sherden24

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gumbo
Gumbo has had those before. She makes a HUGE mess though, all over her, the bowl, the towel, the wall. She is a mess. I do try not to give it to her too much but it's good for a treat!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I've gotten them before and they loved them, but honestly if I want to give them ice cream I will just now give them a few bites of regular vanilla ice cream! They think they've died and gone to heaven when they get a few bites! And a few days over summer we will take them to Castle Island in South Boston for a nice walk and then get them a vanilla soft serve cone to split! :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I give them in the summertime - every so often. The dogs love them. I'm sure they're just garbage -- nutritionally speaking -- but so was the bag of fun size Almond Joy candy bars that I ate last night. All by myself. Uh huh. I'm badass.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... but I just give them Lactose Free Vanilla Ice Cream... spoon full - they love it.... I also use it to hide pills in it

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My other guys before the three I have now loved Frosty Paws. I haven't bought it for the Hooligans, just forget about it. They loved it! I put it in their dog bowls to lesson the mess it makes. :up:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
oh yeah, sometimes I get Chunk the giant brand peanutbutter flavor he LOVES it! but same as most it's an occasional treat, once in a while I'll give him vanilla frozen yogurt with a little banana on top, healthy treat :)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
We would stop at Sonic after doggy training classes for my boxer to get her a soft serve treat. One time she lapped that up and we went home. The next day...I realized she threw up in the back of my Jeep and I didn't even know it. YUCK
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] LMFAO! you are a Badass! Can't share the almond joys with your friends? Well, typical Virgo. I always tell others, I'll buy you one, but I'm not sharing mine.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I think I'll have to look for these. I like the yogurt and banana idea too. I used to give my dogs oatmeal and bananas for breakfast. The gas was noxious! :fart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Has anyone tried this? It's an actual ice cream that you can buy at Wal-Mart for the pups. I know that it won't be for everyone as it has grains listed in the ingredients, but we tried it last night. Ellie LOVED it. I'm sure that some can find a recipe that is grain free though. The downside is that it's made by Purina, but for a birthday treat, we figured it wouldn't be too bad.

mix up some greek yogurt and peanut butter and freeze it in little cups. She will love that just as much and no grains. :clap: And or the yogurt and bananas.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.