Flea and Tick Treatment

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
What does everyone use for a flea and tick treatment? I didn't use one last year when I first got Tuni, but I've already found a tick on her last week :( I really don't want to use chemicals on her, but I also don't want anymore issues with ticks bites.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I need to go find the thread, but someone here uses an all natural herbal powder that is sprinkled on the food and can be used by humans too.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I need to go find the thread, but someone here uses an all natural herbal powder that is sprinkled on the food and can be used by humans too.

I see you're in PA too...do you have problems with ticks?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The only thing we use is Sentinel for heart worms and it works on fleas too. We don't do anything for ticks as they have never been a problem for us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I see you're in PA too...do you have problems with ticks?

Yes, since we moved to Gilbertsville from Limerick... I have pulled two off of Banks. Prior to this past month... nope, never was an issue. I use Sentinel for heartworm/fleas.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i had an awful time with sarah last year with fleas. i tried some natural drops for her and natural yard sprays and some chemical drops and yard sprays. nothing really worked much. i did go back to my original yard spray this year and its working fine. i did buy some drops for the boys called liberty 50 as they go out of the yard but so far have put nothing on sarah. cross fingers. i bought some diatomacious earth but when i put it on dallas butt is was so powdery and got all over at first i just put the drops on him. havent given it internally yet. it did settle down and his coat was fine later so may do that next month. they do make a tick only collar called preventic i saw some good reviews on.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use a lemon juice and water mixture and spray it onto the coat (very careful to avoid eyes). We've been successful with that so far.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We use frontline no Bacon being that we are in tick infested NJ also he gets a shot for lyme's disease

BUTTERS

Apr 10, 2013
Roseville, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Sorry to bump an old thread. What is the minimum age does my bully need to be before I can start something like sentinal? Butters just turned 3 months this past monday. I want to get him started asap because he gets his last set of shots on the 26th and I plan on taking him everywhere like dog parks and what not.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Sorry to bump an old thread. What is the minimum age does my bully need to be before I can start something like sentinal? Butters just turned 3 months this past monday. I want to get him started asap because he gets his last set of shots on the 26th and I plan on taking him everywhere like dog parks and what not.

Im interested too. Daisy just turned 3 months too!

amelson19933

Dec 28, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We got Tank when he was 4 months and our vet started him on Trifexis (SP??) which is similar to Sentinel when we took him after getting him from the breeders. He's been on Sentinel for the past 4 months now and he's only a little over a yr old. I would call your vet, they would be able to tell you for sure.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online