Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you control your bullie when they get too excited?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can you control your bullie when they get too excited?

I can control Ruggles when he gets really excited but only when he's wearing his pretty necklace (pincher collar). When he just has his harness on it is like no power steering, power brakes on a big car. The pincher collar is Ruggles' power steering!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

sarge and LuLu dont get excited about much of anything, if there is a dog barking and want to get at them they just ignore them. They are pretty well layed back and confident with themselves.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When around other dogs, I'm usually on the other side. Meaning, I have to tell other owners to get control of their dogs.

HOWEVER, when Remi is one on one with a dog, he can sometimes get super rough and I have to put him on a leash and prevent playtime. His "red zone".

I will admit though, Remi is STRONG. But when we're out and about, I'm able to control him with his favorite treat and sometimes being a little rough with him if need be. I will give him a tug on his collar and place him where I want him, and make him look at me in the face and I will speak softly with him, and that usually brings him down a few levels so I can then distract him, doing obedience training with a treat until he calms completely.

I can't say he is so bad that I don't feel in control. It's just more embarrassing to me that I have to control him in the first place. So my face is pretty red and stressed.

We're getting better, but sometimes I do have to restrain him as runners or bikers stream by on the trail. Most of the time he's fine with sitting, staying, and getting his treat.

EDIT: Remi is 10 months, about 50 pounds.
    Last edited by ModernFemme; 04-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads