BEEN A WHILE!!!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
No excuses from me, I've been having issues and have not been online much except when I have to work or keep up with family on FB.

I missed all of you and your bullies. As some of you may know I started slouching on EBN when I had my skin baby in Oct 2011. She is doing fantastic by the way. She and Bear are usually inseparable. As for me I've been sick since December 2012, was hospitalized for 3 days in January, had tons of medical testing done, finally a diagnosis of Lyme disease :mad: I just had more blood taken to make sure this last cycle of antibiotics got rid of it so keeping my fingers crossed. Now on to the Bear.

Mr Bear has been an absolute mess. Got a bulldog because they are lazy. Nope not here, in fact Bear is still insane and such a big love bug. My new daughter along with him have offered a wealth of laughter.

Now here is my issue with Bear who does have seasonal allergies apprantly. I had him on Fromm, changed back to Avoderm, now have him on the bulldog Royal Canine formula-just started. He is losing hair, his skin gets crusty in areas then loses the hair. The vet shampoo doesn't work. I am trying a special enzyme shampoo i got from wag to see if that helps, it is better than the one I got from the vet. Now his left eye is completely red and looks as though his bottom/side eyelid is very swollen. I take him to the vet this Wed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make him comfortable? I'm sure it is all allergies but I feel so bad.

I'm hoping to be on more often now. my son has been bugging me to keep up with all news bulldog. :excited:

Now of course photos of my daughter because the last time you seen her she was newborn and of course Bear:

Attachments

• 563674_10200246657143694_1987964302_n.jpg
    563674_10200246657143694_1987964302_n.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 120
  • bear soup.jpg
    bear soup.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 113
  • carbear.jpg
    carbear.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 124
  • carbear2.jpg
    carbear2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! Look how big she is! And sooooo pretty! Bear is all growed up too! :(

We use Benadryl for allergies but I have no experiences with eye issues. I would try a warm compress on his swollen eye..and treat for environmental allergies! So glad you're back! :)

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Do you think it could be food related?? I am totally a junior newbie here but it seems to me that 90% of allergy/itchy/crusty/baldy/red stuff issues goes back to food. Your pics are adorable!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You baby girl is precious.... love her with the hat! I do hope this round of antibiotics get it for you... lyme is so draining.

Now Bear..... RC is not a very good food.... what protein were you using with the Fromm and Avoderm? Many bullies have issues with grains and chicken -- maybe try the new Pork and Peas from Fromm -- no chicken, grains or white potato. Everything you are saying sounds like a food allergy on top of the environmental. My girl, is the same way.... swollen eyes, tears, red face and paws.... she is allergic to grass so spring/fall Benedryl is her best friend. She is also allergic to chicken, sensitive to salmon and get nasty yeast if she gets white potato..... nice huh?

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I had him on Avoderm since he was a puppy 2/2010, then switched to Fromm in Summer of 2011, i would alternate with salmon and I think the chicken. When he started to lose hair in fall 2011 i stayed on Fromm but decided to switch back to Avoderm in Sept 2012 to see if that helped. Its really bad now so I was trying the Royal Canine. I won't get another bag but it is expensive so I will feed him what we have. I know the eye is allergies but the skin I just don't know what the best food could be. I do grain free but I tend to get him chicken based. What about Call of the Wild? Or should I switch back to Fromm?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had him on Avoderm since he was a puppy 2/2010, then switched to Fromm in Summer of 2011, i would alternate with salmon and I think the chicken. When he started to lose hair in fall 2011 i stayed on Fromm but decided to switch back to Avoderm in Sept 2012 to see if that helped. Its really bad now so I was trying the Royal Canine. I won't get another bag but it is expensive so I will feed him what we have. I know the eye is allergies but the skin I just don't know what the best food could be. I do grain free but I tend to get him chicken based. What about Call of the Wild? Or should I switch back to Fromm?

I would get the chicken out... the RC is brown rice and chicken meal, I think. My opinion, would be to go back to Fromm, but stay away from the chicken.... try the Beef Fritatta or Pork and Peas.... both are grain/chicken free

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Other then changing foods are you using any sort of supplements. Perhaps try getting salmon oil pills, it will help to keep his coat moist and healthy. Also you could try adding a cap full of raw apple cider vinegar to his food once a day, it helps their immune system.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.