the green green grass of home..

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Well ... This song surely doesnt apply to my home lol its more of a dying yellow with patches of green grass of home!

I know its because of the acid in the urine but my question for all you green fingered lovers of the garden out there... How do i make my grass nice and green again?

I cant find apple cider vinegar anywhere around so i cant balance the ph of meekos urine out with that! Any miracle formulas i can use on the grass to save it ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Eh, I dunno.... darn good question, though.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
If the grass is dead, you can dig out the patch of dead grass and plug it with new grass. Then for maintenance you can do this:

1.) Water the spot immediately after the dog pees on it. Yes, it does require you watch while your dog does his business so you can follow up with the watering can. The morning pee is usually the most acidic so it is most important to follow-up with the can in the morning.
2.) Apply lime once or twice a year to the grass.

That's as far as my gardening knowledge goes.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We put a little 12 inch tall wire fence around an area that is mostly dirt for them to get in the habit to pee in. And if we do notice they don't go in that area, then we follow them with the watering can and poor it over the spot they peed! It definitely helps a lot!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=6330]MeekosMummy[/MENTION] We got organic lawn fertilizer which has helped quite a bit, I'll PM you the link. If anyone else wants it as well let me know, it didn't bother Bacon at all

📰 Latest posts

Members online