Vegas is sick..??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Nothing different in food or routine, but this morning Vegas has just thrown up for his 5th time??? Nothing new to his diet, nothing in his throw up but foamy bile looking slime. His poop was normal this morning. after he throws up he just lays around. He has not even ate when I put his breakfast out, which is unusual, but at this point I don't think he should eat so I put it up and he just has water, he is not even drinking. I am baffled. Should I try to get him to eat something?? Should I encourage him to drink some water? What can I give to him since he is on a grain/gluten free diet (Nature's Variety)?? :confused: poor Vegas...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He may have an upset tummy, but I would definitely watch him for signs of improvement- soon. If not, a vet trip may be in order. Trust your gut instincts if you think he is not just having a tummy/flu bug issue.

Have you been anywhere lately where he could have gotten a dog illness? Has he drank out of a puddle, eating any plants/grass?

If you have some pedialyte you can add that to chicken or beef broth to get him some fluids. You can also try burping him by patting his back with firm 'slaps' and see if he has air trapped in his tummy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Poor thing. I agree with desertsky, trust your instincts for sure. (They do get sick like us 2 leggers do also.) I would give the chicken and rice soup mixture to help settle his tummy. My boys NEVER turn that down no matter how icky they feel. Keep him hydrated for sure. Hope it passes soon enough!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OOOhhh, I think I figured it out?? last night I chopped up plain brisket no sauces on it, and fed Vegas some for his dinner instead of his normal kibble. He has not had table food for about 5 weeks since I started his new diet. Maybe his belly just could not digest it well. Again his throw up was not chunky, it was a slimey bile looking throw up, but maybe the aftermath of the brisket?? I just worry he is not drinking and will run to the store to get some pedialyte. That is the only un-normal thing that has happened to him that I can think of. BAD BULLY-MOMMY!!! I am hoping this is it, but I am watching him closely, no throw up for about an hour right now.

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
....got him to eat 4 ice cubes...forgot he loves ice

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Aww poor Vegas!! I hope he gets better soon !! You can give him childrens pepto, it works wonders the pedialyte is a good ides also you can even give some chicken broth if he doesnt start feeling better and can't eat.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Awwe, poor Vegas. :blah: You're not a bad bully mom! It does make sense if he had something new and then the belly ache. Yes keep him hydrated and the rice and chicken does work wonderfully! :pray: he gets better soon!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
awww hope he is feeling better now... spike sometimes gets in those moods where he doesnt want to eat or drink and i get worried usually a tummy ache w one or two episodes of clear throw up but then the next day he is all better.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Poor baby. Is he better? The table food may be the culprit. I sure hope he feels good soon (hug)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He's not missing any toys, is he? When Vegas did that, they xrayed his tummy to make sure there wasn't a blockage...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I must admit I am a bit nervous/concerned since Kelly has not posted anything....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online