Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think they know when they're "home"?

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think they know when they're "home"?

I wonder that about Mabel. I think she realizes she is "home" and that she will never go anywhere else. However, when we go on vacation this June, she will be boarding at her bulldog vet's office. I know I can trust them to take care of any problems she may have and look out for her skin and other health issues. I am afraid she's going to think she's being abandoned again . I so wish we could take her with us!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    I wonder that about Mabel. I think she realizes she is "home" and that she will never go anywhere else. However, when we go on vacation this June, she will be boarding at her bulldog vet's office. I know I can trust them to take care of any problems she may have and look out for her skin and other health issues. I am afraid she's going to think she's being abandoned again . I so wish we could take her with us!

Aawww .. but if Bella knew she was with us and then really WITH us to stay. Then I think that Mabel will also know that this is only temporary and although she may sulk and make you suffer when you get back, she will know that when you leave that it will only be for a short time.

Kennel Cleaner MelanieNormansMom's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

I can't imagine what poor Norm thinks happened to him. I don't know how long he was at the bad house. He was with my friend for a week and has been with us a month and a half now. I KNOW he was someone's baby sometime. He's got too much good training and behavior. I hope he knows now that he's our baby and here to stay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads