Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
no cooked bones ever. pig ears are a bad idea too,
dogs choke on pig ears and cooked boned splinter, Raw bones are ok, I prefer elk antlers, large size

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
thanks i went to a store yesterday to get Fromm and they had bones .. I was looking at beef top crest (knuckle slice )

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Just go to the meat department where you grocery shop and find the soup bones. They are totally unprocessed so less chance of some kind of allergic reaction. Way less expensive too. My dogs love them and sometimes I ask the butcher to cut some about 4 to 6 inches long rather than the smaller ones they generally have. You can freeze them too.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We love antlers too! We had a really bad experience with pig ears and our Pug once about 10 years ago and have never given them again.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had a bad experience with pig ears too, never again they are so dangerous.

D

DaisyBulldog

Agree with the above. Raw bones from the butcher (I am lucky to have an old fashioned butcher shop in town..... cheap!) or antlers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just go to the meat department where you grocery shop and find the soup bones. They are totally unprocessed so less chance of some kind of allergic reaction. Way less expensive too. My dogs love them and sometimes I ask the butcher to cut some about 4 to 6 inches long rather than the smaller ones they generally have. You can freeze them too.

EXACTLY ^^^^ [MENTION=8209]pinkbully[/MENTION] -- when the finish the marrow , you can stuff them with peanut butter, banana, yogurt, etc and refreeze for a new treat later

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Just to tag on a bit.... I love the idea of treats in the bones. I know Norm would love some peanut butter. Can he have that much at a time? I know he'd sit and lick until it was gone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just to tag on a bit.... I love the idea of treats in the bones. I know Norm would love some peanut butter. Can he have that much at a time? I know he'd sit and lick until it was gone.

Yep.... since it is frozen, it takes awhiel to get through it -- keeps them busy for about an hour (depending on size of bone) I like to keep the treat bone around 4-6 inches

Members online

No members online now.