Sir Remington - update

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Howdy!! I know, I know, I've been MIA for a bit. Work (I own my own biz) has been a little crazy, and I've had my nose to the grindstone. Coming up for air and hoping to do that more often.

I felt really compelled this morning to give you guys an update on Remi. Not because I'm a bully mom bragging about her kid, because I know that so many of you are so invested in Remi, and our journey, and where all of this is heading. Tagging a few people who I know are dying for an update: [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] [MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Remi this morning in the sun room bringing his game face. (As soon as I released him he totally tackled me with kisses. He's such a clown) Next week he'll be 10 months. (Holy cow, right?!)

remi sunroom.jpg

Some updates:

• Remi is pretty much awesome. We have developed a very strong bond. Knowing what I know now, I would totally do the whole puppy thing all over again. (Even 3 months ago, I really wasn't sure. Now I am)
  • Training Remi how to sit, stay, lay down, etc has made our lives 100000x easier. He's becoming way more consistent and it's such a relief that I can tell him to sit and stay and he will, so I can answer the door. Shocking! Hhahahah. Life changing.
  • He doesn't really like baths anymore, but he's a champ. He likes to play in the creek at our local park.
  • He loves to jump over sh*t.
  • He loves to bust out his ninja moves on the sand.
  • He eats stinkbugs like a Hoover.
  • Way gentler when playing with people.
  • Humping is down by 70%.
  • He is learning to trust me more and more, which is huge when dealing with him and the cats. He's afraid of one in particular, and when I say come, he will, and it really helps defuse a situation.
  • He ate part of his toy and literally passed a 3" piece of rubber :/
  • Although he has a few accidents, he's basically potty trained
  • We're working at getting him a good kennel for when we go on vacation. We've visited a bunch and there is one that I think is awesome. I just need to figure out a way to leave him there for a couple of days without crying nonstop. So i can go on a well needed vacation!!
  • He loves his veggies.
  • His tear stains are completely gone with angel eyes, but every time I try to scale it back, they come back.
  • He recently started to reverse sneeze. All of this just basically points to environmental allergies.
  • Clear bill of health from the vet!

Whew! I think that's it. How are all your pooches doing?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey there stranger!

I want to see the ninja moves! Lol

So glad to see how amazing things can turn out, you put your heart out there to us and look at you and Remi now!!! :bravo:

We did not fair so lucky on the passing of rubber, our girl ended up needing surgery for an obstruction of a piece of rubber and we have no clue what it even is!

Hope you visit more often! So glad to hear this update.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
So good to hear from you and Remi. Been wondering what you were up to. I adore the pic and think he is just the cutest little scamp!!!I loved reading the update and I am so happy for you both. Miss Tallulah is doing well, she is so sweet and loving. Baby Buster is a pistol. He had cherry eye surgery - it looks like it will be ok but is still a little swollen. Trying to keep him calm when he want to torture Miss T all the time has been exhausting. I am out of town at a conference right now and although he is pretty much potty trained ( no accidents for over 3 weeks) he climbed up on the bed yesterday rolled around on my pillows and then peed on the bed. Kim was not thrilled. Buster starts Puppy Manners 1 next week. Tallulah begins daycare one day a week next week also. I miss them so much. Hope to see more of you and Remi :D

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Great to hear from you and loved the updates on Sir Remington, sounds like things are really going well.
I want to see the Ninja moves, too!
Like someone else likes to post:"it didn't happen without pictures"

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
great news, now get to bullyfest this Sunday!!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am so glad to read your update! He is definitely growing up to be a nice dog! Puppies are so much work, but consistency really is rewarding in the end. I love that picture of him. He's very handsome.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Awesome, So glad to hear things are improving, and Remy is better. We just went on a much needed vacation and had to board our guysfor the 1st time, for a week. I was totally worried and stressed over leaving them and I looked at a few different places, and a lot of them were dirty and smelly and disgusting, but then I found the pet hotel at Petsmart, they were spoiled rotten and they stayed in a suite, not a cage, they were walked four times a day, and had two sessions a day in the play room with other dogs. They were really happy when we picked them up and the staff was really sad to see them go, they want us to bring them back to the play group to play, and they even did some training with my guys. I would totally leave them there again if I had to.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC news that brought a few tears to my eyes.... I am so very happy for both you and Remi! :hug:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i have been wondering how it was going with you and remi. so glad to hear things have turned around and are going well. i am working with sarah to and she knows how to sit and hasnt eaten the boys in weeks. :) im glad your business seems to be doing well to. keep us updated and dont be so long between visits :)

Members online

No members online now.