Pimples on chin

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Tuni has had some pretty bad pimples on her chin for a couple months now. She was on Acana Pacifica for a couple months and I thought that was the cause so I switched her to Acana Lamb and Apple and they're still there :( They look pretty painful and she gets new ones everyday. I'm wondering if it's something in her food or is this normal for her age? She's going to be 11 months. Has anyone had any experience with this?

She's only been on the Lamb and Apple food for about two months but I'm thinking of trying the new Fromm Pork and Peas...? She was on Fromm Puppy Gold and never had any acne with that.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
sometimes acne is caused by the bowls you use. Make sure you don't use plastic ones. Stainless is best. Also, if it's being caused by something in the food, it may not be the protein source but another ingredient, so changing but staying in the same brand may not solve the problem. Switching brands sounds like a good idea.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
sometimes acne is caused by the bowls you use. Make sure you don't use plastic ones. Stainless is best. Also, if it's being caused by something in the food, it may not be the protein source but another ingredient, so changing but staying in the same brand may not solve the problem. Switching brands sounds like a good idea.

That's what I'm thinking, maybe an ingredient in Acana isn't agreeing with her. I use stainless bowls :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
try to keep the chin area clean and dry, after she drinks, dry her chin. The chin is the first thing that gets touched whenever they sniff or touch the ground, when they lay down, almost everything. at night time a dab of Desetine or pimple cream to dry the area up

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma really broke out with facial acne last month. I finally took her into the vet and he gave me a prescription which really helped. It wasn't cheap though. We use stainless steel bowls for everything too, always have. Her's have popped and have bled. She's really clearing up now. I'll update her pictures this weekend. Wilson had them once but only a couple and he hasn't had them in 1.5 years now. Here's a link to the post I did and you can see how bad Emma's were. She still has 2 that are a bit troublesome but they are better.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?24971-Is-this-facial-acne

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Emma really broke out with facial acne last month. I finally took her into the vet and he gave me a prescription which really helped. It wasn't cheap though. We use stainless steel bowls for everything too, always have. Her's have popped and have bled. She's really clearing up now. I'll update her pictures this weekend. Wilson had them once but only a couple and he hasn't had them in 1.5 years now. Here's a link to the post I did and you can see how bad Emma's were. She still has 2 that are a bit troublesome but they are better.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?24971-Is-this-facial-acne

That's what Tuni's looks like, but it's even worse then that :( :( :( I feel like such a bad mom.. We were just at the vet yesterday and he didn't say much about it. I'm really wondering if it's food related.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"

I do have some panalog cream that [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] recommended. Maybe I'll try that at bedtime. They look so painful and it seems like everyday there's new ones...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and try drying her chin well every time she has a drink!!

Also, if you were having good results with the Fromm puppy then I see no reason why you can't try the Fromm 4* range to see if that helps!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The members have you covered... just wishing you luck and be sure to keep us posted with some pictures

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
A few weeks ago Mack had pimples bad enough that he needed a prescription, they cleared up most of the way, but ever since I have been cleaning his chin with stridex the green non alcohol ones. They were recommended to me when I posted on the same subject. And I also put desiring on his chin overnight

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

Members online