doggy/puppy daycare?

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
wondering thoughts on this one. I have a great place I used to take my boxers to. They LOVED it. I felt it was well run and managed. They offer a puppy daycare where you can drop your pup off for as long or as short as you want so they can play with pups. Ernie loves to play with other dogs but we do not have too many around that are the right fit for him. I was concerned about breathing after too much play and they said they will put him away in a crate until I get there after a set time. Just wondering how many of you do this?

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We are very pro daycare. Tonka has actually fallen over doing the wiggle dance because he is so happy to be there. If you can find a place you trust you're golden. I don't know if we would have gotten through the puppy stage without daycare to tire him out lol. He would sleep for almost a day straight afterwards. He has had a few ear puncture marks but it is to be expected as he plays VERY rough and his best friends are Rotties, mastiffs and an Irish wolfhound lol. The bigger the better. They ALWAYS call me immediately and tell me so I can come get him or just leave him be. Every time has been minor and he keeps playing without even noticing... They r the ones to notice the blood :p crazy dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Talk to the manager/staff and make sure they have an understanding of Bulldog limits... if you are comfortable with what they say and how they answer your questions. then give it a shot....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We went on vacation to Jamaica a couple of weeks ago, and we had to board our guys for a week, we checked out a lot of boarding places in the months before our trip, and was disgusted on how many were dirty and smelly. We ended up choosing the pet motel at Petsmart, because we know the staff and groomers, and they love and spoil our guys, and the facilities are clean, they also have suites instead of crates or cages, so they get a room with windows, and a coolaroo bed to sleep on, and raised food dishes. They have a playroom for the boarders as well as they take drop in dogs for the day for playtime. They're well supervised and I wrote in their profile that they couldn't have stuffed toys, rope toys with strings, blankets, towels, or anything soft or small enough to swallow, they could only have Kong toys and still had to be supervised. I opted for the half half play day, which allowed them out for half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon, and in tween they were in their suite, the staff watched them and if they seemed to be tired out, panting or over stimulated they would remove them from the play room. The staff was great with them, and they were well taken care of and very much spoiled. If you trust the facility and the staff, and they are made aware of the issues EB can have, then it's safe to leave them their to play, and it's good for exercise and socializing of your dog. You don't have to leave them there all day, you can choose the amount of time they play based on how much your dog can handle.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Every once in awhile I'll drop off Tate and Finn to the Pet Smart doggie daycamp. Tate really loves going but Finn is still on the fence about it. It's a great way for them to socialize and get their energy out w/other pooches. You should give it a try for a couple hours and see how Ernie likes it. I'm sure he'll enjoy himself :)

Most Reactions