Moving my English Bulldog

Brutusbearsdad

Apr 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hi, I'm new, not sure if I am in the right part of the forum to post this question, but I will give it a shot. I am moving from NH to CA this summer. I do not want to risk flying with Brutus, I can't imagine sticking him in the cargo bay, so I was looking for a transport service that would move him safety to me in CA. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any reliable and careful companies who move pets without planes, or if any one had personal experience with transporting their bulldog.

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes! [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] know of one, but I have their info on my Facebook. Send me a pm and I'll look it up when I'm on my PC I already shut it down for the night.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2152]kim n the guys[/MENTION]

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
LNT Transport , I'll pm you their info

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
LNT Transport , I'll pm you their info

yep, that's who I was going to recommend. That's who moved Remy from AZ to MI for me. They were wonderful and in constant contact with me. Dale, the driver, sleeps in the truck with the dogs and takes very good care of them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
LNT Transport are just great, we have used them several times, they always take good care of our pups.

OP
B

Brutusbearsdad

Apr 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
this has helped to put my mind at ease. I was very worried about moving my little guy, and no way was I going to put him on a plane in cargo!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you, I appreciate it. My main concern was getting my pup out there okay! Thankfully everyone has been so great with helping me point me in the right direction!

OP
B

Brutusbearsdad

Apr 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the transport. Turned out to be a disaster. Now first off, our driver John, was a great guy. I am very thankful and glad that he was there to look after Brutus. During the trip, Brutus had anxiety. Just as I had predicted, and told one of the owners before this whole trip as she collected my payment. She told me they were sure to give the dogs lots of attention and Brutus would be fine. She has had bulldogs and knew a lot about the breed, she was also very sweet and friendly.

I had been told they would get Brutus on the 22nd-24th in the afternoon. I got a call Saturday, the 21st telling me Brutus will be picked up tomorrow morning at 9 am. A day ahead of schedule, and with all the things I had been having to get done prior to getting Brutus on the transport, I had arranged to grab the papers saying he was healthy for travel on the morning before he was picked up in the afternoon, (they needed a stool sample etc, which all came back negative for parasites. My boys in good health!). But they were coming tomorrow and if I didn't have the papers, he wouldn't be picked up. So after hours of tracking down all the vets in the area, I get him looked over, and he is cleared for transport. Helps that I carry a hard copy of all of his most recent vet exams and history on hand. So they come and get him, and he goes with them willingly. John, a great guy, cant stress it enough.

Two days into the trip he has a panic attack and is brought to a vet in the area. Luckily John was such a keen observer, a driver who didn't care enough would have thought his whining was just that, whining. But, John took the time to stop, take him out, look him over, check him out. He saw he was breathing very heavy and brought him to a vet. Great, A+ for John.

A day later the same thing happens, and at this point the vet in SC was telling me he probably needs surgery. I told him flat out, he doesn't need surgery. I know my dog, and I know this is just anxiety, separation anxiety, which I told Pets On Board. I was kicking myself for foolishly allowing Brutus to go now. I felt terrible about my son, (yes i said son, I know I'm crazy) going on this trip when I was worried from the get go about this happening. But the vets, and Pets On Board LLC told me he would be okay.

So at this point, I really didn't want to have him risk being transported further from me and him be in worse condition. Also, I knew how nervous and scared he must be without any familiar faces around. So I made the call to drive down to get Brutus. Pets on Board also agreed that this would be the best.

I slept for 3 hours before my girlfriend ( his mom) and me, his dad made the trip. We drove straight there, 17 hours later we get to the vets. Brutus sees us, and you could see him rejoice. His little bum was wagging around, he was doing what I call the Brutus dance, which is when he kind of hops around swinging his butt from side to side. The vet was a great guy. Very nice and very concerned. But, after five minutes it was clear to see that he was completely fine. He was breathing better within moments, I kid you not, he was a completely different dog after being back with us. We stopped for the night and we all slept in a nice big bed together before trekking home the next morning.

Meanwhile, I call the company to see if I was going to get any of the money I paid refunded. They told me this is the first time it was ever happened and were sorry. I didn't get mad at them or find them at fault in anyway, things happen and Brutus is okay. So everything was fine by me, but i did want some of my money back for the nice big payment i made to them to get him to California, which never happened. I thought that was fair.

I got a call from one of the owners about an hour later. Saying that my certificate for his health was invalid. I got my certificate through my sister, who is a vet. She had seen Brutus earlier in the month, and I had her document he was in good health, just in case. I also provided her his official rabies vaccine certificate, all of his records etc. She cleared him for transport. She has also helped to treat him for an allergy flare up in the past and was very familiar with Brutus. Also, I had done some researching and found out that the certificate I had, as well as any other that I could have received, was valid for 30 days. I still had plenty of time before it would expire, and in fact it was still valid for over a week after his expected arrival date. I countered back with this information, and then she said, well yes. But, then she said how if I had told them about Brutus's anxiety they would have made different travel arrangements and how were they supposed to know this when I didn't tell them.

I told her i had talked to the other owner, and told her about his separation anxiety and she never suggested anything. I also told the other owner that he had BLOAT, because of him getting so worked up at one point in time that it caused his stomach to twist and he needed emergency surgery. I even wrote about the bloat incident in the papers i submitted to them. And after i told her this she was acting as if I was withholding information and that I was in the wrong. After a while of talking, we calmed down and she agreed that I would receive what ever was left after the first vet trip, and the mileage charge...Okay, thats fine.

She told me she would get back to me the following week when she was at a different office, but that week came and went. So i emailed them, really just on the behalf of the driver, who I still think is amazing, and I really think he deserves to be recognized for his hard work and efforts with Brutus and all other dogs he transports. And in the email I asked about the refund, same thing as before, they would get back to me when they figured out the numbers.

Well its been over a month since the failed trip. Brutus is well and as I type this he is snoring behind me. But I have contacted them again about my refund about 4 times now total, each email i receive back is just saying the same thing, they will get back to me...I am beginning to feel like I'm getting the run around, and they have no intention of returning me my money. Hey, and its not like I have a ton of money to burn, I have a fair share of expenses and because of the whole incident Brutus was driven out here personally resulting in my plane tickets to be charged rebooking fees, a lot of gas, food, and motels. That money could really be used to pay of what I owe.

I still am thankful he was put in the hands of John, and Im thankful this company was recommended to me through you guys. Even if I'm having complications with them now, what matters is he is here with us now snoring all night and farting all day haha. Also, just wanted to pass along this issue to others who have a big move and have a sweet little boy like we do who gets real sad when mom and dad are gone for too long! You may just want to do the drive yourself!

Sorry for the bad grammar, back to the daily grind has been wearing me out with the time zone changes and everything out here!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Brutsbearsdad...

What a story, you are to be commended for sharing this terrible experience
so others have knowledge. I'm so very sorry these things happened to you
& Brutus...certainly not deserved in any way nor from lack of DOING all you
could, before, during and after!

I'm impressed by the extradinary efforts you went to for your beloved son,
Brutus~such a lucky bully to have YOU as Dad...just warms my heart!

Keeping you in my prayers for GOD's blessings and that you receive your
money back...also will pray driver, John, gets blessed mightily for his kindness
& caring, wish all could be so excellent in character.

The very best part...all of you are reunited and happy, hoping all is continued
smooth sailing from here on. Sending love & hugs to y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the transport. Turned out to be a disaster. Now first off, our driver John, was a great guy. I am very thankful and glad that he was there to look after Brutus. During the trip, Brutus had anxiety. Just as I had predicted, and told one of the owners before this whole trip as she collected my payment. She told me they were sure to give the dogs lots of attention and Brutus would be fine. She has had bulldogs and knew a lot about the breed, she was also very sweet and friendly.

I had been told they would get Brutus on the 22nd-24th in the afternoon. I got a call Saturday, the 21st telling me Brutus will be picked up tomorrow morning at 9 am. A day ahead of schedule, and with all the things I had been having to get done prior to getting Brutus on the transport, I had arranged to grab the papers saying he was healthy for travel on the morning before he was picked up in the afternoon, (they needed a stool sample etc, which all came back negative for parasites. My boys in good health!). But they were coming tomorrow and if I didn't have the papers, he wouldn't be picked up. So after hours of tracking down all the vets in the area, I get him looked over, and he is cleared for transport. Helps that I carry a hard copy of all of his most recent vet exams and history on hand. So they come and get him, and he goes with them willingly. John, a great guy, cant stress it enough.

Two days into the trip he has a panic attack and is brought to a vet in the area. Luckily John was such a keen observer, a driver who didn't care enough would have thought his whining was just that, whining. But, John took the time to stop, take him out, look him over, check him out. He saw he was breathing very heavy and brought him to a vet. Great, A+ for John.

A day later the same thing happens, and at this point the vet in SC was telling me he probably needs surgery. I told him flat out, he doesn't need surgery. I know my dog, and I know this is just anxiety, separation anxiety, which I told Pets On Board. I was kicking myself for foolishly allowing Brutus to go now. I felt terrible about my son, (yes i said son, I know I'm crazy) going on this trip when I was worried from the get go about this happening. But the vets, and Pets On Board LLC told me he would be okay.

So at this point, I really didn't want to have him risk being transported further from me and him be in worse condition. Also, I knew how nervous and scared he must be without any familiar faces around. So I made the call to drive down to get Brutus. Pets on Board also agreed that this would be the best.

I slept for 3 hours before my girlfriend ( his mom) and me, his dad made the trip. We drove straight there, 17 hours later we get to the vets. Brutus sees us, and you could see him rejoice. His little bum was wagging around, he was doing what I call the Brutus dance, which is when he kind of hops around swinging his butt from side to side. The vet was a great guy. Very nice and very concerned. But, after five minutes it was clear to see that he was completely fine. He was breathing better within moments, I kid you not, he was a completely different dog after being back with us. We stopped for the night and we all slept in a nice big bed together before trekking home the next morning.

Meanwhile, I call the company to see if I was going to get any of the money I paid refunded. They told me this is the first time it was ever happened and were sorry. I didn't get mad at them or find them at fault in anyway, things happen and Brutus is okay. So everything was fine by me, but i did want some of my money back for the nice big payment i made to them to get him to California, which never happened. I thought that was fair.

I got a call from one of the owners about an hour later. Saying that my certificate for his health was invalid. I got my certificate through my sister, who is a vet. She had seen Brutus earlier in the month, and I had her document he was in good health, just in case. I also provided her his official rabies vaccine certificate, all of his records etc. She cleared him for transport. She has also helped to treat him for an allergy flare up in the past and was very familiar with Brutus. Also, I had done some researching and found out that the certificate I had, as well as any other that I could have received, was valid for 30 days. I still had plenty of time before it would expire, and in fact it was still valid for over a week after his expected arrival date. I countered back with this information, and then she said, well yes. But, then she said how if I had told them about Brutus's anxiety they would have made different travel arrangements and how were they supposed to know this when I didn't tell them.

I told her i had talked to the other owner, and told her about his separation anxiety and she never suggested anything. I also told the other owner that he had BLOAT, because of him getting so worked up at one point in time that it caused his stomach to twist and he needed emergency surgery. I even wrote about the bloat incident in the papers i submitted to them. And after i told her this she was acting as if I was withholding information and that I was in the wrong. After a while of talking, we calmed down and she agreed that I would receive what ever was left after the first vet trip, and the mileage charge...Okay, thats fine.

She told me she would get back to me the following week when she was at a different office, but that week came and went. So i emailed them, really just on the behalf of the driver, who I still think is amazing, and I really think he deserves to be recognized for his hard work and efforts with Brutus and all other dogs he transports. And in the email I asked about the refund, same thing as before, they would get back to me when they figured out the numbers.

Well its been over a month since the failed trip. Brutus is well and as I type this he is snoring behind me. But I have contacted them again about my refund about 4 times now total, each email i receive back is just saying the same thing, they will get back to me...I am beginning to feel like I'm getting the run around, and they have no intention of returning me my money. Hey, and its not like I have a ton of money to burn, I have a fair share of expenses and because of the whole incident Brutus was driven out here personally resulting in my plane tickets to be charged rebooking fees, a lot of gas, food, and motels. That money could really be used to pay of what I owe.

I still am thankful he was put in the hands of John, and Im thankful this company was recommended to me through you guys. Even if I'm having complications with them now, what matters is he is here with us now snoring all night and farting all day haha. Also, just wanted to pass along this issue to others who have a big move and have a sweet little boy like we do who gets real sad when mom and dad are gone for too long! You may just want to do the drive yourself!

Sorry for the bad grammar, back to the daily grind has been wearing me out with the time zone changes and everything out here!

WOW... just WOW! So happy he is home and healthy with mom and dad and you were lucky enough to have such a great driver. as for the money, good luck, something tells me you will not hear back

B

Baxter Tiberius

I was going to recommend one of the pet flight services, which allow your pets to stay in the regular part of the plane.
Not the cargo area.
I think the most relevant thing with english bulldogs is the *duration*. Not so much the *method*.
I would have opted for a short 4 hour flight on one of these pet flight services, over a 4-5 day truck ride with slamming and jamming and bumps and all of that nonsense.
No doubt the cost is a bit more. But its a much better solution in my opinion.

One service you pay for a person to join your dog on the flight, and they sit with them the whole time, tending to them.
The other service puts all the dogs in an air conditioned area of the plane and someone tends to all of them.
Each is different but probably worth the extra cost.
You really cant crate a dog for 5-10 hours of driving per day with no familiar faces around, for five full days.

Pet Airways: http://dev.petairways.quimbik.com/
is one. You can google for more.

Kevin

OP
B

Brutusbearsdad

Apr 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Update::: I just spoke to one of the owners. She is sending me a check out of her pocket, we talked over the phone, and due to some recent occurrences in her life, and regarding the company she has been drowned in work. We spoke longer, and I can understand the reason for delay in my payment. So, she has told me to email her my address and everything and she will send out a check to me. It looks like despite the hiccups, this story ends with a happy ending! Hope everyone who has read this story though has taken something from it! In the end of the day, the people at Pet Transport made everything right, and went above and beyond with their treatment of Brutus during his trip. Yes, there were bumps in the road, but Brutus is healthy, John the driver was great, and from our conversation today, the owner is a very lovely person who sincerely cares about the dogs. (She was asking all about Brutus, and his health, etc) I wish everyone who's moving their bullies the best of luck, and for it to go smoother, and easier than my own did! But, not to count this company out completely if your dog is more independent than my own, haha. I just happen to have a big baby.

Oh, and Brutus says hello!
photo (1).JPG

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Update::: I just spoke to one of the owners. She is sending me a check out of her pocket, we talked over the phone, and due to some recent occurrences in her life, and regarding the company she has been drowned in work. We spoke longer, and I can understand the reason for delay in my payment. So, she has told me to email her my address and everything and she will send out a check to me. It looks like despite the hiccups, this story ends with a happy ending! Hope everyone who has read this story though has taken something from it! In the end of the day, the people at Pet Transport made everything right, and went above and beyond with their treatment of Brutus during his trip. Yes, there were bumps in the road, but Brutus is healthy, John the driver was great, and from our conversation today, the owner is a very lovely person who sincerely cares about the dogs. (She was asking all about Brutus, and his health, etc) I wish everyone who's moving their bullies the best of luck, and for it to go smoother, and easier than my own did! But, not to count this company out completely if your dog is more independent than my own, haha. I just happen to have a big baby.

Oh, and Brutus says hello!
View attachment 54416

Well..I'm glad it all ended well. And Brutus is whole and with his family. And...he is a perfectly "normal" Bully! :ROFL:
welcome to California! What part did you land in?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online