Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving my English Bulldog

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Moving my English Bulldog

I was going to recommend one of the pet flight services, which allow your pets to stay in the regular part of the plane.
    Not the cargo area.
    I think the most relevant thing with english bulldogs is the *duration*. Not so much the *method*.
    I would have opted for a short 4 hour flight on one of these pet flight services, over a 4-5 day truck ride with slamming and jamming and bumps and all of that nonsense.
    No doubt the cost is a bit more. But its a much better solution in my opinion.

One service you pay for a person to join your dog on the flight, and they sit with them the whole time, tending to them.
    The other service puts all the dogs in an air conditioned area of the plane and someone tends to all of them.
    Each is different but probably worth the extra cost.
    You really cant crate a dog for 5-10 hours of driving per day with no familiar faces around, for five full days.

Pet Airways: http://dev.petairways.quimbik.com/
    is one. You can google for more.

Kevin

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Update::: I just spoke to one of the owners. She is sending me a check out of her pocket, we talked over the phone, and due to some recent occurrences in her life, and regarding the company she has been drowned in work. We spoke longer, and I can understand the reason for delay in my payment. So, she has told me to email her my address and everything and she will send out a check to me. It looks like despite the hiccups, this story ends with a happy ending! Hope everyone who has read this story though has taken something from it! In the end of the day, the people at Pet Transport made everything right, and went above and beyond with their treatment of Brutus during his trip. Yes, there were bumps in the road, but Brutus is healthy, John the driver was great, and from our conversation today, the owner is a very lovely person who sincerely cares about the dogs. (She was asking all about Brutus, and his health, etc) I wish everyone who's moving their bullies the best of luck, and for it to go smoother, and easier than my own did! But, not to count this company out completely if your dog is more independent than my own, haha. I just happen to have a big baby.

Oh, and Brutus says hello!
    -photo-1-jpg

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutusbearsdad View Post
    Update::: I just spoke to one of the owners. She is sending me a check out of her pocket, we talked over the phone, and due to some recent occurrences in her life, and regarding the company she has been drowned in work. We spoke longer, and I can understand the reason for delay in my payment. So, she has told me to email her my address and everything and she will send out a check to me. It looks like despite the hiccups, this story ends with a happy ending! Hope everyone who has read this story though has taken something from it! In the end of the day, the people at Pet Transport made everything right, and went above and beyond with their treatment of Brutus during his trip. Yes, there were bumps in the road, but Brutus is healthy, John the driver was great, and from our conversation today, the owner is a very lovely person who sincerely cares about the dogs. (She was asking all about Brutus, and his health, etc) I wish everyone who's moving their bullies the best of luck, and for it to go smoother, and easier than my own did! But, not to count this company out completely if your dog is more independent than my own, haha. I just happen to have a big baby.

Oh, and Brutus says hello!
    -photo-1-jpg
    Well..I'm glad it all ended well. And Brutus is whole and with his family. And...he is a perfectly "normal" Bully!
    welcome to California! What part did you land in?

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so glad that Brutus is back with Mom and Dad and what a handsome boy he is!! Give him muzzies from us! Alls well that ends well

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

So glad that this turned into a happy story in the end. And Brutus is just gorgeous .. I can't believe you've been hiding him from us for so long!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Well, another update. Sorry false alarm. All is not well.. I never received the refund I was promised. They lost the papers that I sent with him for transport(they had told me I would get them in the mail), and they never sent me a copy of the papers from the first vet visit(another thing they told me they would be mailing to me). I had been in contact with the owner up until recently when I asked about the refund. I never received the refund promised. I have just been given excuse after excuse when contacting them. The owner has said she will call me, never did, and now they have stopped responding to my emails. I guess I jumped the gun and was duped. I lost over 1,000 dollars with them, and then had to do the drive myself. I never received a cent back from them even though they never completed the job I paid them for (instead I ended up with a $400 vet bill in SC, plus another 300 for the drive down there, and then a lot more on the drive to California). I feel very deceived. I just hope that this story can help others from being fooled and tricked by them. They do not hold true to their word. Pets on Board Transport LLC is not a company I would recommend. I am going to be filing a complaint with the BBB regarding them. The issue with the vet bills and drive isn't the main problem I have, I am forever grateful that I have my little buddy with me, but the fact that I feel robbed and paid them to do nothing bums me out. I am a student pursuing my masters degree. I don't have money to throw around like that.

Thank you all for the replies.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Brutusbearsdad omg, what a story. I was so glad to read the post about your refund, then I just saw your last one. This is horrible!! I would definitely be pursuing SOME kind of legal action. They need to pay up, especially if it was that pricey..and they said they were going to pay you! Wow. Just wow. How shady can one get?

I'm so glad Brutus is alright. He sure is a handsome fella.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

@laurendoodler I was happy at first too. I figured I would look more into it tomorrow. Love your agility pictures and the painted nails. Too cute!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Brutusbearsdad do that and keep us updated!!! I really hope you get your refund. I hate when companies give people the run around.

and thanks! I wish we could still do agility; she tore her ACL in daycare and can't do it anymore.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Humphrey
    Likes (Received)

Good luck on your move! We could not find any airline that would even take Humphrey when we moved from Boston to Dallas. Thus, we used a courier service based out of Texas; the family actually owned several bulldogs and loved Humphrey to death - they actually put him in the bed with them while they were on the road! They got to Dallas before we did, so they took him home and let him play with their own dogs! When we picked him up, he heard our voices, looked at us, and then ran at the speed of light into our arms - it was so precious!

I hope that you find a great courier service!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads