Neutering and headsize

The Pack Leader

Apr 23, 2013
Seoul, Korea
Bulldog(s) Names
Bangu
I noticed that Ftse was wondering the same thing in a previous post of mine. This is my first real 'post' and I hope it's in the right area.

Bangu is due this weekend for his neutering surgery. I'm a little worried to have him put under, but I think he'll be okay. However, bangu does have a smaller head (it's stiil nice) and I was hoping for it to broaden a bit. i heard , from reading around the web, that a bulldog doesn't reach full development until 2-3 years of age. bangu has a nice chest at the moment, but I would really like the head to grow into it a bit more.

Will neutering him at 10 months decrease the chances of his head reaching full size?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Brian

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is a common question. We have all heard this..but there is NO scientific backing to this. Go check out Vegas. @KMARINO..He was neutered at 4 months..and a bigger head isn't possible! :ROFL: I asked my vet and she said.."I will do whatever you want, but that's a falsehood". Jake was neutered at 10 months..his head is still growing and he is
2 1/2....Rest Easy..he will be a happy healthier Bully!

DO make sure your vet uses Isoflourane gas...safest anesthesia for your guy.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online