Tear Stains and Food Change question

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
So im sure due to the season, allergies are a crazy right now. So now i see what everyone is talking about with all the tear stain issues, lol.

So with that said, i've tried the various home remedies...Filtered water, using peroxide/cornstarch method/daily baby wiping-drying and desitin. All of which seem to make the stains worse or produce more wetness. Not only does he have the wetness and stains but the whole area around his left eye looks stained/wet kindof like a black eye.

Henry has been doing fine on Chicken ala Veg (Fromm) until recently. I have Fromm Beef Grain free coming in tomorrow. Should i do like a 50/50 gradual switch for a week before changing over 100%. I know there interchangable but does that apply when your going from fromm 4 star to Fromm 4 star grain free?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I don't so a transition while using Fromm! To be safe you could foray be 2 days but usually it's not necessary! Good luck with the switch! Beef frittata is the best one that most bullies do good on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Here is CharlieFL's infamous recipe for tear stains
[h=2]Hi.. well some of you helped me a lot with charlie when I was worry about his cosmetic issue. After a lot of research this is exactly what I did and on just 8 days you will see the results[/h]
1. Filter water - Purified water. Daily​
2. Chlorhexidine 3% pads> first time in the morning and cotton pads to dry it
3. Desitin after Chlorhexidine
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with a cotton pad at night
5. Desitin before bed :p

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah has tears on occasion and I have yet to find anything that works either for the stains or wetness. As to the fromm you could do a switch of a few days if your not sure of stomach upset won't hurt nothing even though 4 star is interchangeable. I was going to look up charliefl formula myself to try and post but I see its already been posted.

Last edited:

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
My boys would have really bad tear stains until I switched there food to fromms beef fritta. The food switch did help alot but not completely. I bath them at home when needed but every 6 to 8 weeks they go to the groomer for a bath and facial. I know it sounds crazy but yes my furbabies get a facial. The groomer told me about this blueberry facial she does with all the bulldogs to help with tear stains. So I decided to try it and it works. The boys have no tear stains at all and they have not returned. So the boys get a blueberry facial :2thumbs: LOL...they love it.

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Bentley and Tank.jpg After a there spa bath and blueberry facial...lol :D

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
The majority of the tear stains were gone due to me changing there food to Fromms beef frittata. We had the usually cleaning routine and it wasnt really working. After asking some questions on here, I changed it. The tear stains got way better but were still there and then my groomer recommended the facial. They have no tear stains at all. We continue to go every 6 to 8 weeks and I have the usual cleaning routine. It works for us.:yes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sounds like your questions have already been answered .. no need to do a transition between the fromm 4* ranges! And you can get the blueberry facial scrub from Caroline Pet Pantry!! :up:

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Sounds like your questions have already been answered .. no need to do a transition between the fromm 4* ranges! And you can get the blueberry facial scrub from Caroline Pet Pantry!! :up:

Great ty, yeah i just confirmed with Fromm Facebook that there was no need to transition. TY, i may have to purchase the facial scrub.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Great ty, yeah i just confirmed with Fromm Facebook that there was no need to transition. TY, i may have to purchase the facial scrub.

Once you get the food right .. you're about 90% on your way to losing the tear stains!! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.