wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness' urine is like a nuclear bomb to my grass, kills everything it touches. What can I do to lower acidity in urine? I know there is stuff sold at petco i can give him to help with this, anybody have any info on this? Thanks in advance.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm thinking more fluids and maybe urinary tract support supplement, or even cranberry pills will help. How are you anyway???! Love it when you pop in!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
It is not the ph or acidity in urine it is the concentrated nitrogen. That is why the grass around the burn spot is often very green. I have started watering all the pee spots of Buster and Miss Tallulah each day to dilute the nitrogen. Time consuming but worth it. I am afraid to give my Bullies any pills to keep the grass green because I have no idea how it will affect the chemistry of their little bodies. I am not sure how much research has been done. I don't think they have to pass any stringent testing by a government regulated body like human drugs that are required by law to be safe and effective. Therefore they can, like vitamin companies, make claims for their products that may or may not be true, and the effectiveness has not be tested by independent research. If someone knows for sure these products are safe I am interested in hearing more.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I water my grass morning and night to keep the urine chemicals from burning the grass. I don't really know of any other option.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
I'm thinking more fluids and maybe urinary tract support supplement, or even cranberry pills will help. How are you anyway???! Love it when you pop in!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Doing well. Been wicked busy with work and assisting organizing some rallies/getting involed in some good causes up here in mass. Señor chubby is doing outstanding. Fat, lazy and awesome...just like his father ;)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks for the information [MENTION=8502]christyjulene[/MENTION]. I passed it along to my husband--since Mabel is his little girl!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.