Need ideas

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
So, little Miss Eloise is a bully lol I have a baby gate that I attempt to use to block her from getting out of the living room when we are home. When we are not home she is crated. But she knocks it down. Body slams it so it falls, or if I try to just prop it up, she will literally pick it up and set it aside. I have seen her do this. It's crazy lol I'm running out of ideas. I have tried to use other things to block it off, but she manages to push everything out of her way or knock it over. Help lol

And sorry I havent been on lately, its getting close to finals week (Next week) so all the professors are cramming it all in lol

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk is not allowed in the office so he REALLY wants in there, when hegoes too close to the doorway I give him a firm 'NO' and if he takes another step I shoot him with a nerf dart... it dosn't hurt him, just shocks him... it worked to stop him from humping. Ok so you won't find that in a training book but hey it works :whistle: but collect the dart before she can eat it. :ashamed:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Before I crated my boys, I used to leave them loose in the kitchen/laundry room area. I would literally "barricade" them in there, pushing my dining room table, heavy boxes of books, chairs, whatever I could find, against the dining room door so they wouldn't get out of the kitchen. It worked but it was so much work every morning before work and then coming home, I'd have to un-barricade everything. Now they're just crated during the day.

You might want to look for one of the more heavy duty gates that are available. If you do, let me know what u find b/c i'd be interested as well!

rksuski

Jul 2, 2012
Madison, Wi
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
We use a spring loaded baby gate and use it to block the upstairs when we are gone and Guinness gets to be foot loose and fancy free....it's garage sale season so be on the look out...I think I maybe paid $10 but its pretty sturdy & I have even been known to have trouble getting it down...embarrassing to have to climb over the baby gate as a grown up to use the bathroom :D

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
[MENTION=8156]PsychoPixie[/MENTION], I have missed you! Good luck with your finals. Eloise sounds like an active little girl! I think stopping the behavior when she tries to pull or push down the gate with a firm "no" after getting her attention make take some time, but it should work. I never thought about Nerf darts, but there are a lot of things you can use to get her attention. A pop can with some marbles in it can get their attention when shaken.

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
She always waits untill I am out of the room, like when I go to the bathroom. So I never am able to catch her. The one day I was in the kitchen I saw her pick the gate up, and set it aside. I just kinda sat there like what? lol
I live in a very old building. It used to be a house or something and they turned it into apartments. The door ways are uneven so getting the gate up is harder then heck lol So I made it as long as it will go, and prop it up with a tall laundry basket full of stuff (What ever will make it heavy lol) and a box of books. So far that seems to work more than most. She was able to some how get over or through when I was in the bathtub lol I will have to try the nerf thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I shoot him with a nerf dart... it dosn't hurt him, just shocks him... it worked to stop him from humping. Ok so you won't find that in a training book but hey it works :whistle: but collect the dart before she can eat it. :ashamed:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :rofl: :rofl: .... that is freakin hysterical, banks would definitely get to it before I did so it would be a no go... we use water in a spray bottle

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
I live in an apartment with one really wide doorway. I got an extra-large plastic gate that screws into each side of the doorway. I'm probably going to get dinged on my security deposit but it's worth it. It lifts and then retracts to open and walk through and then it shuts securely. Agnes has barreled into it, but she just bounces off! I bought it on Amazon for less than $40.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Fortunately for us Bacon is scared :poo:less of the gates, is there anything he really doesn't like, perhaps put the vacuum on the other side of the gate as a deterrent?

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
OMG what is the brand of that gate [MENTION=7915]heavyblankets[/MENTION]
I wish Ella was afraid of the vacume, but nope lol Nothing scares this girl lol Ok, so the Beagle down the street did when he would bark at her, but once she met him, now she acts tough lol
Im afraid that not even the gate would work any more. She is a big girl lol Weighed in today at 20.5 lbs lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I too have a gate on the bottom of the stairs to stop Ftse going up but like Baconator he too is scared of the gate so doesn't go near it, it may be easier to crate him while out if it is not for too long a period. Good luck with your finals.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.