Question About Stimulating Toys.

Nypanama

Mar 1, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hondo
I was wondering if anyone had any stimulating toy ideas for bulldogs?

My neighbor has a rottweiler, and he has a bungee type rope with a kong toy, attached to a tree. The dog jumps and holds onto the kong toy in mid air, trying his best to pull it down.

Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Having had a Rottie....believe me..their idea of stimulation is nothing like a Bully's!! Jake is a ball hound. He has to have his ball as much as we let him. That and our orange tabby are about all the stimulation Jake needs.

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
I use the giant red ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366698410.011937.jpglwobbling Kong that holds their food/snack. She has to push and roll it to get the treats to fall out of the whole. She she that once for a good 40 minutes even on empty. She was pooped after that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use the giant red View attachment 41132lwobbling Kong that holds their food/snack. She has to push and roll it to get the treats to fall out of the whole. She she that once for a good 40 minutes even on empty. She was pooped after that.

I use this too... the smaller version and it keeps Banks occupied for about an hour

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus really likes anything with color. I bought him a Ceaser Millian "flying squirrel," he cant get enough of that thing. Its got a squeaker in the tail, but even I cant hardly get that thing to squeak. Also has a tennis ball and a plush orange and blue ball. Hes teething so Im trying to get him to take to his nylabones, but he likes the plush stuff a bit more. Flying Squirrel.jpg

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Colossus really likes anything with color. I bought him a Ceaser Millian "flying squirrel," he cant get enough of that thing. Its got a squeaker in the tail, but even I cant hardly get that thing to squeak. Also has a tennis ball and a plush orange and blue ball. Hes teething so Im trying to get him to take to his nylabones, but he likes the plush stuff a bit more. View attachment 41133
I may have to find a flying squirrel!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Generally, all bulldogs are very food orientated. So for 100% success I would use that as your basis!!!

That's why we love the Kongs .. we stuff them with frozen veggies ... or you can fill them with cream cheese or peanut butter then put them in the freezer!!!

The latter is especially good if you have a puppy who is teething because it helps the teething pains to ease!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] will have some ideas because she is always telling me about the toys she uses for Vegas. He has epilepsy and he's been having a really rough time with air biting, so much he cries. These toys keep his mind stimulated so he doesn't do it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The Kong toy drives Vegas insane, so we put it in the "never again" pile. What we do use is a ball (he loves balls) called the everlasting fun ball. This is a green ball...different than the everlasting treat ball.....and we put different stuff in it. Anything from a piece of meat, cheese...to green beans. He will roll that thing around until he gets tuckered out. Vegas had a rough night...at 3am he started having a fit. So.....I got him his ball and put a piece of cut up salami in there. I was so tired I went back to bed....he climbed into bed exhausted about 2 hours later.

This ball has a opening at each end...but with tiny fingers so that the food doesn't fall out easily with each turn. The ball is also very flexible, he will put it in his mouth and chew it to get pieces out. We use the larger sized ball...it's so durable. We've had the same one since he was a baby. Since then, we've added 2 more. They are always being used by either one or both of ours.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I read this somewhere else We hung empty milk containers with pebbles for noise in them at different heights from clothesline and he learned to jump and tap the jugs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.