cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Do you eat your meals at the same time as your bully's? I try to eat mine in synchrony w/the boys' mainly b/c if I don't, they will sit at my feet, staring at me and my food, hoping/waiting for me to share. Granted, I do have a history of sharing my dinner them in the past so it's just expected that I will give them a taste here and there...but I'm trying to taper down on this habit. Plus, I can't really seem to enjoy my meal b/c of the way they look and drool while I'm eating and I feel guilty if I don't give them anything. :*(

So just curious to know other's thoughts and experiences.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The pups eat at the same time every day... 5:15 AM and 5:00 PM.... us humans, well we eat when we feel like it, not really scheduled

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Breakfast, yes since we have limited time in the morning. When I come home at lunch time I just let him out (usually I eat in the car or at my desk at work), and as for dinner he must wait. He's learned to be a good boy and play with his toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby eats first so I can get him out for a walk then we eat. We had this problem with him too but I find if I get him running on his walk after dinner he'll snooze through ours. However he does sleep right beside the table in the event something drops lol

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and Ruby eat as soon as I get home (between 5-5:45pm) then I make our dinner. During our dinner they are rolling around on the floor playing and usually end up under the table bumping into our feet. They love to rough house.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Generally we try to feed both Buster and Miss Tallulah at about 8 am, Buster at 2 or 3 and then both again at about 8 pm. They eat their meals before we do and they know that once we finish eating they will each get a small bit of treat in their bowl, like a couple of small chunks of salmon or turkey. So they just lay down and snooze (Buster will quietly chew on something sometimes) until we get up and clear the table. At that moment they are wide awake and waiting by their dishes.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Nope. My guys eat around 6 and I eat around 7-7:30. I don't share either. :tease: They know better than to bug me when I'm eating.......wait, Emma and Jack do but Wilson does not.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Stella and Tank eat right away when I get off work. By then....Tank is having a hissy fit and whining like he hasn't been fed in days. They only eat once a day with the raw diet but boy do they ever know when it's time to eat.
We eat a few hours later and a lot of the time I send the dogs outside for a bit or to their crates because otherwise they will sit under the table and pester the girls to "accidently drop" something on the floor.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Breakfast is usually a rush for the humans as we dash out to work at different times so the fur-kids leave us alone. In fact, I'm usually eating in the car on the way into work!!

Dinner is slightly different. We always feed them first because we eat at different times and I like them to be done by approx 6pm. When we eat there is always an audience and the three bullies are the worst culprits for begging!!!:crazy:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
In our house, humans eat first, dogs eat last. Pack order, you see. Dogs only eat once a day... No predetermined schedule (by design, there's a reason for this). They eat when I get to it. And whining, in-our-face, etc., while we're eating is a big No-no... By order of the Alpa Male. And humans giving dogs table food while we're eating is not tolerated by the Alpha Male either. The dogs are a lot easier to teach good manners and right conduct when the pack order is well defined.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel is a champion beggar. She sits between us with every hair, every wrinkle, and every whisker in perfect arrangement (ever wonder how they do that?) and turns her head back and forth like she's at a tennis match watching us eat. It makes mealtime entertaining--especially when she adjusts her position or squirms so that we understand she's still there.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Cali Baker, I am in the same situation you are, I feel guilty when I eat and they sit with those big eyes looking at me . I usually share with them but I also have been cutting back. I know its not good for them and the more you give the more they want.It hard not to, when I say no Im giving them a piece of what Im eating. Its gotta stop and its hard to refuse. Im working on it and I tell myself Im not doing them any good by letting them rule the roost.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue eats 3 times a day and on a schedule. We eat whenever we want to. He doesn't beg when my husbands around, but if I'm the only one home eating, it usually takes him about 5 minutes before he realizes he's not getting any. It's my fault since I do sometimes share.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.