PUPPIES

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
When I got Matilda at 8 weeks, she was a furry little terror. She bit so hard and often that the only way we could play was if I dangled toys down from the safety of the couch. She was such a monster and had to be watched 24/7. I remember thinking, "well, good thing puppies are cute, because NO ONE would want one otherwise!" And I reminded myself that when I see a cute bully puppy not to get all nostalgic about missing her teeny fat ball stage, because it was a nightmare.

Tilly is now 10 months and very well behaved, but when a new bully boy moved into our apartment complex, at 10 weeks old, I just died and now I miss when she was that way! :lmao:

Do you guys miss having little bully babies around? She was just so cute and fat then, I totally block out how awful she was! hahaha

IMG_1401.jpg
8 wks, the day I brought her home. That cupcake toy was long ago massacred.

IMG_3145.jpg
Now at 10 months!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have mixed feelings, I definetely miss the cute little wiggly, cuddly puppy stage, but don't miss the training, going out every 2 hours, the nipping, and whining stage, but it's the same as with our kids, you have the 2 am feedings, the crying, the times they are sick, and you don't know what's wrong with them, the worries, but you look at those sweet, cute, squishy, chubby faces and it's all worth it. And they both grow so fast, and you don't remember all the hard stuff and sleepless nights, you just remember all the cute moments and then you miss them, and wish they were little again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love and miss puppy breath and silky fur.... do not miss the shark teeth or potty training

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Ugh, potty training is the worst! Matilda was pretty good about holding it, but we still went potty at 9PM, 12AM, 3AM, 6AM, 9AM, etc..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Love and miss puppy breath and silky fur.... do not miss the shark teeth or potty training

Yep! I love all life stages I guess. I love the pups because I love to teach and see them learn, I love adults because I love seeing who they grow up to be.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have mixed feelings, I definetely miss the cute little wiggly, cuddly puppy stage, but don't miss the training, going out every 2 hours, the nipping, and whining stage, but it's the same as with our kids, you have the 2 am feedings, the crying, the times they are sick, and you don't know what's wrong with them, the worries, but you look at those sweet, cute, squishy, chubby faces and it's all worth it. And they both grow so fast, and you don't remember all the hard stuff and sleepless nights, you just remember all the cute moments and then you miss them, and wish they were little again.

You hit the nail on the head with this reply post. That's just the way it is

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Awe. I got my boxer at 9 weeks old and must admit her puppy stage wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. Mona we got at 1 1/2 years old...Let's just say I miss Gracie more than I miss her puppy stage. ;)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I totally get the brat stage! Aubie was a huge brat when she was a puppy. I miss her being so little and how cute it was when she was learning or seeing something new... but I love my grown up dog! LOL.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was just thinking about this the other day! I love Lucy but I really dislike the puppy stage! It is fun when they are babies but the potty training really can be a problem and finding the right food is a struggle. Lucy doesn't chew much but Lola did like crazy! She would chase down my girls in their footed PJ's just to chew the feet. Lola was a way more complicated and crazy puppy, Lucy is very mellow and a lot more lazy but all and all I can't wait tell they are both grown! I love who Lola has grown up to be and I can't wait to see who Lucy will be! The puppy stage is over rated:p

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm with Lisa - I love it all; shark teeth, potty training, that awkward "teen" age (before they fill out) and all the worry that comes with a new life in your life. :heart:

P5180015.jpg Bea as a week pup, taken right before she bit the professional photographer (drawing blood). Later, she chewed on his shoe.

sleepin in the car on the way home.jpg Bo, sleeping in the car on the way home from Cascade Bulldog Rescue. He's resting up for the MANY skeins of grandma's yarn he will pluck from her crochet basket and completely ruin. (He just ruined two more yesterday)

I wouldn't trade any of it. Not a second.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.