Head tremor trigger

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Ive been meaning to post for a while now...Macks first head tremor was really scary...but since then he started having them much more frequently, so frequent in fact that we have isolated the cause! Begging. When he wants something we are eating he gets them. The whole time. Whether it is dinner, popcorn, icecream, you name it. Solved the issue by banning him from the kitchen while we are eating. Havent had a tremor since.

Probably not the same for everyone, but certainly is for Mack. Just thought id share. Maybe others have been able to isolate the trigger for their fur babies?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So glad you found the cause, and now hopefully no more will happen

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
That's great you have figured out the cause. I don't remember if I posted the treatment and the preventative. If he has one put either Karo syrup, honey, ice cream, pedisure, ensure, frozen yogurt on his gums it should stop it. To prevent them calcium one of these every day 2 tums, yogurt, ricotta, frozen yogurt.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SWEET.... nice catch on the trigger.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
If they are idiopathic head tremors that might be a little different. Mona started getting these head shakes really bad (like she was a bobble head on speed) and when we'd give her food in the beginning they stopped. But then even that stopped working. Vet dx what they were and said she's not epileptic and she might grow out of them and she might not. The breeders hadn't had any dogs with it before so we were at square one. All the research we did on bulldogs before we got one never mentioned it. The vet said just hold her and reassure her its ok. Thank God she seems to have pretty much outgrown them. They sneak up every once in awhile but not nearly as often.

I hope Mack doesn't suffer from this and if he does, just have the vet check him out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online