Allergic to blueberries?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack developed hives on Sunday, im not sure if they were from ONE blueberry he ate, or from the wetjet swiffer solution I mopped the floor with, even though he was exposed to it previously...thoughts? In the mean time its been benadryl, calamine, and a tshirt to restrict the scratching...sigh...it never stops! (The allergies I mean)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Calamine lotion is Zinc. Zinc is poisonous to dogs. There is a Benadryl Cream you can use, hydrocortizone cream as long as your dog is not diabetic.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Hm not sure one blueberries would do that specially if he had them before I'd maybe be looking at something else. You could always try again when he is better then you will know

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could have been a bite while he was outside too.....

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Calamine lotion is Zinc. Zinc is poisonous to dogs. There is a Benadryl Cream you can use, hydrocortizone cream as long as your dog is not diabetic.

Wouldn't it only be toxic if he licked it? It seemed to actually help, and was only area he can't reach

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I should have been more clear, he has been exposed to the floor cleaner before but not as often since there were area rugs in the apartment. He has never had blueberries before.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ah well i wouldnt think one blueberry would do it but like i said you can test again when he is better to make sure if you want. how is he today?

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Well I put a T-shirt on home so he can't scratch lol, and switched to benadryl capsules instead of tablets, and he seems better. I'm wondering though I'd it is the bushes at the new house, since when he pees he kind of puts his junk right on the bush... but we've been here for a month... I don't know really, seems like he is going to be a daily benadryl pup unfortunately

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.