Asking for trouble ? We'll see

OP
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
I think I may have found a solution! I bought these cushions months ago and they kept chewing them so I put them up. Now tonight Gomer, after "digging or fluffing" his went right down. Vince, (in the rear) hasn't quite decided about it yet I guess. This has been going on for about 40 minutes so far. Stay tuned - same EBD channel - maybe same EBD time.
IMG_0653.jpgIMG_0654.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tonight I am going to leave their crates open, which are in the kitchen, and they will have access to the kitchen and living room. I am not going to put them in crates for bed but leave the doors open so they can go if they want. I will put their toys away and just leave their morrow bone in each cage. They are settling down now so hopefully it'll work! If not there's always tomorrow!

And, the results are?

OP
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince

:judges::dance3::cheers2:C E L E B R A T I N G. The boys did GREAT. As shown in the previous post's pictures, Gomer took to his cushion like a champ and Vince, well Vince does some things his own way. Things went well until mother nature called me around 3 AM. The boys followed me, which meant getting them to settle down again afterwards. Well Vince decided he wanted the love seat and made camp there while Gomer got back in his "bed". An hour and 1/2 or so later I heard Gomer "fluffing" again only he was off his bed and on the carpet at the foot of my recliner. Trying to get him back in place I woke everyone up, so we took advantage of that and let the guys make a call outside. While they were out I grabbed Gomer's bed and found out I waited too late to take him out. So I put the bed in the other room to dry. When they came back in Vince went back to his love seat and Gomer settled back on the floor - for a minute.
IMG_0657.jpg
He decided the couch looked more comfortable.

Vince managed to uncover the love seat and move the plastic barrier, then put the cover back down and get comfortable.
We'll see what happens tonight!
IMG_0658.jpg

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
How old are they? I just stopped using Matilda's crate in the last month or so, and she's been great. She's 10 months old. She just sleeps when we're gone and she likes to cuddle us at night!

OP
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
IMG_0659.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0664.jpgSaturday evening - Round two. Trying same as last night. So far so good. See ya in the AM with an update!

Last edited:
OP
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Well last night was better! It took a while for them to settle down, Vince watched TV with me for a few minutes. They slept until 1:30 AM, then I heard Gomer moving about. I figured not waiting like I did the night before so I took them outside, smart move - Gomer needed it. When they came in they went right back to their spots and slept till 3:30 - repeat of the 1:30 move, and then again at 6:30. So the night went well, no damages, no dampness. After breakfast this morning, in their crates, we let them play outside for while. Now they are resting in their crates again while we do some household things. Hopefully we are on a journey towards a safe routine.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Sounds like they are getting it! We put Mabel in. Her crate with the door closed for about a week, then got a pillow--big mistake. She peed on her pillow every night. We left a crate pad in her crate with the door open and find her in the crate most mornings.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.