Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20

Thread: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

  1. #13
    Dog Groomer luseaann's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lucie
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    507
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Grrrrrrr.........

    I'm not sure yet if my husband will go with neutering. He's thinking hard about it.
    I am sure your husband did not mean to leave the door wide open. Neutering hubby is a little drastic as far as punishment goes...
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

  2. #14
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    You know how we think removing a bully's nose rope is unnecessary pain and suffering? That's how my husband thinks of neutering... Yes, the vet has explained to him that it is not HIS nuts that are going to be removed... lol.
    REMOVE nose rope? Who? Why? Ouchie! Wtf!

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #15
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    i used to didnt think much about spaying or neutering but after what i went through with sarah last year and almost losing her to pyometra which is a life threatening uterine infection i think it should be done if you dont plan on breeding. males can get cancer if its not done to them. husbands are optional
    Last edited by cowsmom; 04-20-2013 at 08:13 AM.

  4. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Posts
    1,491
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i used to didnt think much about spaying or neutering but after what i went through with sarah last year and almost losing her to pyometra which is a life threatening uterine infection i think it should be done if you dont plan on breeding. males can get cancer if its not done to them. husbands are optional
    And I've seen/heard of 2 mutts die from altering complications. It goes both ways.

    Husbands are never optional. There's no such thing as mine in our house. Everything is ours even when I call it mine or pretend it is mine.
    Last edited by anatess; 04-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.

    I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

  5. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Posts
    1,491
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Quote Originally Posted by luseaann View Post
    I am sure your husband did not mean to leave the door wide open. Neutering hubby is a little drastic as far as punishment goes...
    Luseaann... YOU MADE MY DAY!!!


    I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

  6. #18
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    And I've seen/heard of 2 mutts die from altering complications. It goes both ways.

    Husbands are never optional. There's no such thing as mine in our house. Everything is ours even when I call it mine or pretend it is mine.
    i meant getting them neutered is optional was my attempt at humor

  7. #19
    Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Posts
    1,491
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i meant getting them neutered is optional was my attempt at humor
    AHHHH!!!! Like luse said!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! I'm still laughing my butt off on that one!!!

    I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

  8. #20
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Phx, Az.
    Posts
    732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)
    47

    Default Re: This is why we should neuter our dogs if we don't plan to breed...

    Hello,

    Seems like more of any issue of making sure dogs don't get out? Gates inbetween front door? Making sure everyone in the house makes SURE that all doors are closed? Even a fixed dog that gets out can get lost, taken or killed.

    Glad all is ok.

    Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

    "Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •