Bogey's Role as Comfort Dog

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Well, we arrived in Ct and Bogey is adapting wonderfully to his new surroundings! He has shown to be very flexible and seems to fit in no matter where we take him!
I had posted last week that our plans for him are to enroll him in an organization that uses dogs for comfort and healing therapy, but not until we get back to Fl in June. I stated that he would get a trial run as a comfort dog when I have surgery the first week of May. Well, his role started earlier than expected, as I had a freak accident (at an ice cream stand of all places!) where I fell and fractured my left hand! I am now in a cast for the next 4 weeks! Bogey has been by my side every minute- he has been so good and gentle, as if he knows! These dogs continue to amaze me! We have also visited our hometown of Newtown, where he brings a smile to anyone he meets in an area that is still so reeling from that traumatic day last December. I expect my healing from my pending surgery, and now this stupid fracture, will be quick and uneventful with him by my side. I am one lucky person to have him in my life! I wish I had a million bulldogs to bring much needed smiles to our crazy, unsettled world we live in. When you look at a bulldog, you have no reason to hate. Bulldogs for peace....has a nice ring to it!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I don't even know where to begin. I'm so sorry about what happened in Newtown, there's just no words that can express anyone's true .... sadness .... frustration ... disgust .... over what happened there.

I can't believe you feel and fractured your left hand. I hope you are on the road to recovery and I know your precious boy will be right by your side. They do know when we are hurting and feeling bad. Momo (and my late boxer) would curl up in bed next to me and just lay there for hours. Never asked for a thing, to go out, nothing. They are our babies and know when we need them the most.

God speed in your recovery and surgery in May also

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I wish I had a million bulldogs to bring much needed smiles to our crazy, unsettled world we live in. When you look at a bulldog, you have no reason to hate. Bulldogs for peace....has a nice ring to it!

:clap2: Beautiful. Well said. Hope you heal quickly. Hugs to you. :hug: And Bogey too for being such a sweetie to his mama! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry about your hand, that sucks, and you are correct in that bullies are wonderful.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to hear about your hand, and yes they know. And we need some updated pictures!! Im sure Bogey has gotten so big.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
So sorry about your hand! I think bulldogs just make people smile. Yesterday with Mabel in my office, everyone just melted when they saw her!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: to you and the whole town of Newtown! Best of luck with the surgery, and your double recovery, with Bogey by your side, all will be well

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
At some point your life has got to get a little easier. It is really sad when you can't even buy ice cream safely. We are sending our beat wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online