Tooleysmom

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope he heals up quickly and doesn't have to wear that cone very long.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Just a quick update. Took Buster to see the vet today and he said it is healing beautifully and Buster is the picture of health. Will keep doing the antibiotic eye drops for another 5 days but it is looking really good.

I had to take off the cone after 2 days. He wasn't scratching or rubbing so I took a chance. His little neck was cut from the plastic. He kept smashing into everything in front of him and it kept gouging into his tiny little neck. The blood on his white fur looked so disturbing but when I cleaned it up and put antibiotic cream on it it looked a lot better. Today it is almost gone. Poor little trooper. Never complained. These Bullies of ours are just amazing!!! So happy for him. And thanks to everyone for sending me good wishes and lots of support. It got me through the hard part. Hugs to you all.

OP
bluesteelapd

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
So happy for the update and great news!
I've never seen and/or used one of these cones so I didn't realize there is no padding at the tip of the cone that is on your dogs neck....who the hell invented this? It's already a torture device for the dogs and their owners, then the plastic cuts into their little necks? :cursing:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
So happy for the update and great news!
I've never seen and/or used one of these cones so I didn't realize there is no padding at the tip of the cone that is on your dogs neck....who the hell invented this? It's already a torture device for the dogs and their owners, then the plastic cuts into their little necks? :cursing:
Exactly. Never again. The vet was shocked at the cut. Maybe older dogs are wiser and don't smash into things a 14 week old who is close to the ground would. But I did learn on this site (EBN) of a softer collar that can be purchased and since have found out our Humane Society gift shop sells them. So I will be purchasing one to fit Buster or Tallulah if there are any more surgeries to be done. This really broke my heart and upset me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.