RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy he's OK! I knew about xylitol and luckily we don't have any in the house. I know my Usko wouldn't touch it, but Voitto will eat anything.

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
hey Lisa, it's Ange. had no idea you were on here, but when I read the topic title, I knew it ha to be you. I have to say,I never knew abt the xylitol until this terrible incident. Im just so thankful ur baby is ok:) xoxoxo

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I had no idea! Thank you so much for this valuable information! How can I share your Facebook post about this for my many dog-loving friends?

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm so glad your dogs are ok....I remember reading a story about a man whose Great Dane died of this kind of poisoning after eating a wad of gum someone had spit out on the side walk... I stopped indulging in gum since reading that....glad you shared this info cause it looks like a lot of people don't have this info....

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I didn't know, either. Thank you so much for sharing this information with us all. We don't have many sugar free items in the house but what we do have I'll make sure is locked away. I knew ibuprofen was toxic to dogs (as well as many other meds, I'm sure), but never knew such a small amount of sugar free item could be toxic. I hope you have pet insurance! We learned the heard way that it's a great investment.

SO happy your boy is ok. Love the pics. THanks again for the advise.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great info to always share..... so happy you got to him in time and even though expensive, it is greta he is home and all better.

:hug:

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] This is the link to my post.. I don't know if it will work https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...89767731&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment If not, let me know and I can send you my page.
[MENTION=7920]santinomom[/MENTION] Hi Angela! I've been around here for awhile, just so busy these days!
[MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] no :( We didn't get it for him because he is healthy as a horse. We have it for Belly because she always has some ailment..guess it's time to get something for him also!

I'm glad at least something good has come out of my lesson and so many more people know to keep it out of the house. A few of us were discussing if it can kill a dog, what are the long term side effects for humans.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Amazing , never heard this......thank you so much for the heads up! so glad your baby is okay!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
@cali baker I didn't know myself how many it would take to harm them...all sugar free gum is different...some they have to eat a lot of to get sick...Raspberry Sorbet Ice Breakers ..only 2 for a 54 lb. dog (Bobs weight)

Thanks guys! I'm so glad he's ok too and I would mortgage my house to save either dog. We'll just be eating peanut butter for awhile ;)

I'm so glad you babies are okay. I did not know about this either so I really appreciate the post. I too have had some serious vet bills over the last couple of weeks approx $4300.00 - so i know all about eating peanut butter - in my case it will be more then a while

Most Reactions