Looks like I am going to have to be very careful

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i wish i knew. when mine got sprayed it was like forever before the smell left the house. we left the windows open and washed what we could. i wonder if you can wash stuff in dawn baking soda and peroxide. i think i actually put some dawn in with our wash.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I used the magic mixture of the peroxide, dawn and baking soda and it worked GREAT! Lucy got sprayed last year and also brought it in the house. Man, that is SOME STINK! Funny thing, my daughter LOVES the show Myth Busters (she just HAD to go see them live) and they did a show that included de-skunking and that magic mixture worked better than anything else, even the stuff you buy.

A

Alaskasmom1

I read on a google search I believe, that the peroxide stuff did not work on fabric. I didn't try it because of what I had read. I now know it would have because the mixture breaks up the oil AND neutralizes the smell. I think the smell is finally mostly gone but I still want to take my bed down when I get home from work and use that spray for good measure. This forum is a Godsend. It's the first place I went when this happened. Thanks guys!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346417293.847771.jpg
Plus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346417332.348799.jpg
Equals ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346417358.324087.jpg
Allowed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.