Bogey 6 Months!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Can't believe our little guy is 6 months old! He has brought such joy into our lives, but I must admit, he is the most CHALLENGING puppy I ever had!
He is great with basic commands, sit, stay(well for a short time), down(again, only for a nano second if there is a food reward involved), and he knows without asking that he must sit before his meals are placed in front of him.
He is a social butterfly- loves to greet people, and he is so gentle when he does. He also loves all other dogs and plays so great at both the park and doggie daycare. He is loved by all our neighbors and has quite a fan club of waitresses at a restaurant we frequent that allows dogs. The love of his life is Fiona, a 10 lb bischon that is his age. They go to daycare together and us parents take them down to the Marina for cocktails in Paradise!
He is completely housebroken, with nary an accident in the past 6 weeks! We have finally found a good food for him and his digestive problems have all resolved.
We just took a 2 day car ride from Florida to Ct where we will be for the next 2 months. Bogey could not have been a better passenger! We hardly knew he was with us! Such a great traveler!
When we return to Florida, Bogey will be enrolled in a program to become a therapy dog. The owners have already met him and are anxious for him to join their team. He made quite an impression on them at a fair we went to- he was so gentle and loving with them, they wanted to sign him up that day, but we had our trip to Ct to get out of the way first. I will be having major surgery while I am here, so Bogey will get his first trial at therapy with me! He makes me smile by just looking at him! I suspect my healing will be quick with him by my side!
And then there is BOGART- his evil alter ego. His arrivals are much more few and far between, but when he surfaces, watch out! His psycho moments are getting shorter, but we do see how much easier he is to redirect as he gets older. We love him even when he is satanic!
He is curious, and generally brave with new things, but on occasion, something (like new flower pots on my neighbors front walk) will freak him, but after "freezing" and slowly going to investigate, he overcomes the scare. Walking is still a challenge, but we toss treats along the way, and he happily chases them down! He does better off leash, so in our neighborhood he is great, but out in busy public places, I don't trust him, as his sniffing and seeking out every human to give him a belly rub, interferes with his obedience skills!
All in all, we are very lucky to have such a good boy!

Bogey at 9 weeks and a few weeks ago at the beach!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 296

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome boy for sure and glad he is doing well. Sounds like he will make a great therapy bully.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
He's getting so big! Bogey sounds a lot like Aubie... I work at an assisted living and I take her to work with me once a week to visit. They love her! She acts like a nut when she's with my co-workers, but it's like she knows that our residents are frail and she has to be calm. It's amazing. She loves to go and gets so excited when I get her leash those mornings. I can tell you, it will definitely make you so proud when you see the joy he brings to those who need it most. Pet Therapy brings people out of their shell, so to speak. We have an Alzheimers unit and many of our residents love dogs. A few only say a few words here or there nowadays, but the other day we had a dog there and one was talking in complete (although short) sentences to it! Imagine our shock when she said "come sit in my lap". The way you describe Bogey, I know he will do wonderfully!

Last edited:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
What a wonderful update on a very good looking Bully. It sounds like he has the perfect temperament to be a therapy dog. Hope your surgery goes well so you can start training soon. Take care.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great update.... he is a very handsome bully and VERY much a bulldog!!

Best of luck with your surgery, prayers and positive thoughts for a quick recovery.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope all goes smoothly with your recovery. Bogey is sure to be a help with your healing!

Most Reactions