Pictures on Saturday need a few ideas!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So we are having pictures taken tomorrow of our bullies and kids. This is by a professional photographer and pets are her biggest clients so im assuming she will know how to handle things but my Lola is a total spaz around people and other dogs! I need to some how wear her out so that she will be mellow! I have her and Lucy dresses and when she has clothes on she is somewhat calmer but not much. I also have been using a clicker the past few days and when she hears it she will stop what she is doing and sit but with this being a new training method im worried that it wont happen around all the other dogs that will be waiting for their turn. Also Im thinking I should bring treats? For those of you that takes your bullies pictures or that have taken them for pictures what can you tell me that will help me? Thanks every one!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Treats to get their attention, and also a fav toy could come in handy.

I have had couple experiences with pet photographers, and both had different approaches:

The first one had a plan laid out, she stays booked, so she knows how to stage the event to quickly get the best shots... she first did the running shots by having the owner throw a toy towards and past the photographer then move out of the background. This was with our Shih Tzu, and I'd imagine a running Bully could generate some interesting pics... then we went with the dog with owner shots, sitting & posing with some walking together pics... then she just followed the dog around while she did whatever she wanted.

The 2nd shoot was with a new budding pet photographer, and she brought toys and was less structured in her approach... was mostly following Moe around getting down at his level and letting him do whatever he does. Her job was actually pretty easy as Moe was cute in everything he did at that age.

Good luck with the shoot :up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
No experience of this ... but can't wait to see the results!!! :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION]

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think its going to be a lot of work but can't wait to get some good pictures! I will post the 8x10 I get tomorrow then the rest of the package I will get next week. I have never walked both the girls together so It should be interesting! I will bring treats and the new they love hopefully that will work! Keep your fingers crossed!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have no experience either but I am so looking forward to seeing the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I can't wait to see! For my pups, I would need a different approach for each.

Bea - no exercise (so she's perky) and a tad hungry so she'll be motivated to look at the camera -- for the reward. When you get a camera out, she turns her head. Always. Ugh.
Bo - some exercise before -- so he won't act like a total spaz - and since he's always hungry - treats. He's VERY motivated by food.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Well I think it went pretty good! They let Lola run around and go crazy for a while so when it was time to take pictures she was semi mellow and Lucy was great she was just mellow and suck with my skin kids! This is the print they printed out for me today the rest will be posted on friday and then I can order what prints I want. My oldest has Autism so it is hard for her to make eye contact but the photographer was really good and really kept calm with her. So here it is
Scan0002.jpg

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
What a very special picture. The outfits are lots of fun and the girls look beautiful. Your planning was well worth it.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thank you! I can't wait to get the other prints!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This one came out beautiful! Your girls are so cute--all of them! I can't wait to see more! I bought the same dress for Mabel, but her neck and chest are too big. I am thinking of altering it so it will fit.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]-that dress fit Lola length wise but around the chest it was tight and kept falling off her shoulders. She kept it on for a couple pictures but them off it came! I took it off of Lucy to and got some Natural photos too. Friday can't some soon enough!

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Bring her highest-valued reward with you and a little bit of exercise (lol so you wont have to carry her in :D). A "mock" photography session at home might be a good idea for her to used to the situation? Plus we all want to see pics asap haha!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Good advice. As far as a suggestion for a picture how about one with him sitting with a deck of cards and something that resembles a cigar? Now that would be awesome. Just kidding sort of but it would be awesome

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online