Time til wear out

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
how long do you normally have your bully running around before they just say "eff this Im going to bed?" I was out in the yard raking the other day and Colossus was out enjoying the day with me. Then after about 2 hours or so, he was "eff this, Im going to go lay down." During the evenings this week we get about 90 to 120 minutes of play then hes like Im out. Problem being -- hes waking up earlier and wanting to play at 2a instead of 5a. Wanting to know if its puppiness (hes only about 4 months) or if its something I should be alarmed about. Im taking him for a checkup tomorrow morning (first since Ive had him).

Thanks
Chris

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
Harper is 4 1/2 months. He plays hard for a couple of hours then is ready for a nap. At about 8pm, he slows down, then goes into his crate which we have in our family room. If he wakes up before we go to bed, we take him out one more time, if not he sleeps until I get up at 6. He is serious about his naps. :)

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Sounds normal. Tubby gets let out at 8am when I wake up. Then goes for a snooze at about 12pm. Then another one around 5pm til I get home at 6:30pm. Tubby normally calls it quits for the night at about 9pm then he gets put into his area at 11 when we go to bed. When I come out in the morning to get him usually I catch him just staring at the wall. I have started putting a toy in there for him to keep him occupied if he's up early.

I have noticed that when he goes through he growth spurts he sleeps alot more. Like I would say he's sleeping more then he's awake.

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Thank you for the feedback. I got him as a "drop off" at a vet clinic, so I guess Im a bit more paranoid than I should be. Ive just got attached the lil guy and just want to make sure nothing is wrong with him.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse used to sleep a lot more than that as a puppy he would play an for a little then have a sleep and keep doing this through out the day he is now 17 months and goes to bed around 8.30am and he wakes around 7.30 and gets up and moves to the lounge, then has a play a walk and sleep again he is a lazy boy I guess.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel usually plays for about 10 minutes, but we're working on endurance. She played with me for about 45 minutes when I got home from Vegas last night. I was shocked!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
they are all different.... Banks can go for an hour or more at 7 years old.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.