Springtime Garlic Bug Off?!

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hey just heard about this.. Has anyone heard of it? There seems to be good reviews for it. It is a flea and tick preventive, but you have to give a tablet every day and its 100% natural.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Off to research it... never heard of it

kimberlyb715

Mar 5, 2013
Johnson City, TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I have never tried it but I have a friend that swears by garlic! He has a lab mix and gives her some minced garlic with her meals during the spring and summer to keep the fleas away.

kimberlyb715

Mar 5, 2013
Johnson City, TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I have never tried this product, but I may need to! I do have a friend that puts minced garlic in his lab mix's meals during the spring and summer to keep the bugs away and he swears by it.

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yea I'm getting some tomorrow, so I will def let y'all know how it works!! We don't have fleas but we do have TICKs ugh.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Never heard of that one but I remember someone telling me having Rosemary bushes in the garden keep fleas away I had the bush and no fleas on my dogs bot could be just coincerdential as I have no bushes now and ftse does not have fleas.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used it many years ago on my boxer when we lived in an area that was heavily infested with fleas and ticks. I think it worked well. But get ready for the garlic farts! :eeeew:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Been using it for 10 years.... My weim and Mr. Schultz 2tabs morning/night meal and never once have we had a flea...so I'm going with it works awesome...but some morning kisses will knock a girl out!

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So I got it in the mail yesterday.. But... He won't eat it!! Not even with peanut butter!! How do you get yours to eat it?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Ok so there's not a lot of substance in this thread. Anyone able to find out how much minced garlic to feed a dog and how often?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I got it in the mail yesterday.. But... He won't eat it!! Not even with peanut butter!! How do you get yours to eat it?

did you try to hide it in vanilla ice cream --

Members online

No members online now.