Nose color

Beachsidebully

Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I decided to keep the male out of daisys litter. All of the females noses were fully black. The males nose is speckled black and pink. I was wondering what age does the nose quit turning black?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am not sure, but [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] may be able to help with the answer

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sometimes it seems like a long time until the black fills in if it's got pink in it. I can remember up to 6 months with Jack.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most of the time by 7 weeks old their noses are black, but some will take a little longer, and some don't turn all the way black at all. We had a male that didn't turn totally black until he was about 15 weeks old.

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Our little Henry had a speckled black and pink nose (see first photo), as a matter of fact, he has what my husband (teasingly) called a booby nose because he had two small black dots surrounded by pink circles on each side. Now at four months (see second photo), the black is really starting to fill in, but still he has a lot of pink. As the weeks passed, I have come to adore his booby nose and almost hope that part remains, LOL!

I would love to see pictures of your boy :)

8 weeks
View attachment 40412

4 months
View attachment 40418

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Our little Henry had a speckled black and pink nose (see first photo), as a matter of fact, he has what my husband (teasingly) called a booby nose because he had two small black dots surrounded by pink circles on each side. Now at four months (see second photo), the black is really starting to fill in, but still he has a lot of pink. As the weeks passed, I have come to adore his booby nose and almost hope that part remains, LOL!

8 weeks
View attachment 40412

4 months
View attachment 40418

First let me say Henry is soooo adorable I love the booby nose :lol:

Omg :ROFL: only a man would notice that

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

8 weeks
View attachment 40412

4 months
View attachment 40418

What great pics [MENTION=8097]Annie[/MENTION] you should enter them for the 2014 calendar!

Usually they are filled in by 6-8 weeks, but occasionally it can take longer, or they may never fill in completely. I like a bit of pink its very cute. As long as you don't plan on showing I wouldn't worry too much :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

8 weeks
View attachment 40412

4 months
View attachment 40418
oh i love this :) i think some pink makes it cute n adorable

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
My dog's nose never did fill in fully. He's got one tip of one nostril that is still pink. It took quite a while for it to mostly fill in though. Maybe all the way up until his first birthday.

Winston 079.jpg

Most Reactions