Update on Eloise, and questions about puppy dominince

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Little miss Ella Bella is a handful lol
She is finally getting the hang of being in the crate at night means sleep lol But we have come to find out that she has a very dominant attitude. I was wondering if this was normal? Do all Bully babies go through this at this young of an age? She has even started, as my son puts it, playing the humping game:rolleyes: As in going after my legs when I brought her out, and then once she tried on my boyfriends moms leg when our toy poodle wasn't letting her have the toy, and she got frustrated. My sister is training to be an animal behaviorlist, so she has been working with us, but I'm wondering if any one has gone through this, if it's normal or no. She is 11 weeks old today.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will go through this and just tell her NO and make her get down. She will soon learn it is not accepted. She is a growing pup and just like kids, will try to test you and see what she can get away with. It's up to you to teach her right from wrong, with persistence and patience. You need to let her know you are in charge and the alpha, if not she will assume the role.

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Ok, so it is normal lol She is my first bully breed ever lol
I have been telling her no, blocking her, trying not to coddle her lol Not let her do things I won't want her doing at 50+ pounds lol It's hard cause she has those eyes lol

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Roll her on her side with her legs facing away from you. Put one hand on her hip and one hand on her shoulder. She should relax and lay there. This shows her you are dominant. Start with short 30 second intervals. After a while she will. Stay there for as long as you leave your hands on her hip and shoulder. Really helps with a puppy and older dogs that are testing dominance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They will go through this and just tell her NO and make her get down. She will soon learn it is not accepted. She is a growing pup and just like kids, will try to test you and see what she can get away with. It's up to you to teach her right from wrong, with persistence and patience. You need to let her know you are in charge and the alpha, if not she will assume the role.

^^ perfect

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Great advice David. PychoPixie you are so right about not wanting this behavior at 50lbs, it is great you are addressing it now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online