Lucy's first day home....

Amos1027

Mar 29, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Lucy made it home today and is enjoying all her loving but if we leave the room for a second she will run and hide. Is this normal first day puppy behavior?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Been too long since i had a puppy..... I will tag some members to hopefully help out

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: She will need a bit of time to get her bearings. Everything is brand new..and where did everything she knew go?? Just love her and honestly....How can you leave her alone?? :ROFL:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She just needs time to get accustomed to her surroundings. This is all new for her, she doesn't know what to make of anything yet. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like others have said, everything is new to her and she is unsure of where she is, so give her plenty of love and reassurance. If you have a crate or bed, show her it and she mey feel a little safer there. Just be patient with her and she will come around.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Welcome home Lucy :2thumbs: give her another day, she'll be hanging on your pant leg with her teeth. She's fine, she just left everything she knew.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
It must seem like a big new world for Lucy. Everything is new. She probably feels comfortable when she is with you and not sure what to do when you are gone. Don't worry next week she will probably be chewing the furniture apart when you leave the room. Enjoy Lucy's first days you never get them back.

OP
A

Amos1027

Mar 29, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Our girl did good today! She had a good vet checkup and she is exploring more around the house. We have done our best to pick up any cords or dangerous objects she could swallow. She's doing well with peeing outside but seems to poop in her crate. I know this is normal, do y'all recommend the puppy pads In the crate?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've always thought it was less confusing so just trained to go outside.

Some can't train outside, at work or live in apts w/no yard so not sure.

Really just wanted to 'Welcome y'all'...this is a great forum to belong to.

There's a Puppy Group to join up for much more specific info & tips.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I do not recommend the puppy pads in the crate. I think the ones I had (and never used) were treated with something to attract the puppy, so in my case, that would be telling the puppy to poop in the crate! I always made a big deal, like it was killing me, to clean the poop and it didn't take long for Liz to stop having accidents. She seemed to feel sorry for me. I think she used to do it overnight.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Take a few days before Luca even touched a toy or snuggled up to us. So afraid of his new home; new smells ect ect...

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
It takes a few days/time for them to get used to their new surroundings. We brought Ruby home over a week ago; for the first few days she stayed really close to me. Now, I have to chase her down, she is all over the place exploring new things and "tasting" the remains of the chair supports Amber was gracious enough to leave us once she was finished teething. :biglaugh: Your baby will be running circles around you in no time. Welcome and good luck!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Lucy made it home today and is enjoying all her loving but if we leave the room for a second she will run and hide. Is this normal first day puppy behavior?
First, Welcome to EBN!! Emma is quite shy, especially out of her surroundings and she's been this way since I got her. But she doesn't run and hide. I would just give her a bit of time too and try coaxing her out with loves, lots of loves. Just like people, some dogs are more outgoing and some are shy. With Emma, she uses caution when she's not familiar with a situation or a person. She also used to be an excitement piddler when she'd meet someone one.....she grew out of that though. She will cower down too when meeting knew people. She doesn't do that as much as she did before though. Now she's just standoffish. But at home, she's a wild woman.

Keep us updated. I'd really like to know how she's doing with her shyness.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh she will be running around in no time getting into everything. bullies love to check things out. just love her and reassure her. i like the crate idea for new puppies. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.