Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
What type of food storage containers does everyone use to store their dogs kibble or do you store their food in the bag? I've been thinking about getting a Vittles Vault to keep the food in, they are suppose to be air tight and keep the food fresh.

41syyFE2iyL._AA160_.jpg417JuJ7tptL._AA160_.jpg

Does anyone have experience or suggestions?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use the ones that are upright, like the right pic above.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
We use the ones that are upright, like the right pic above.

What do you think of them, do they actually keep the food fresher and are they really air tight?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They work pretty well, and they are better than the bag. They seem to keep it fresher. With 5 bullies ,the food doesn't last long around here.

Last edited:
OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I hear that :lol: I have 3 bullies and a lab so food doesn't last very long around here either but I think it still needs to be kept in a good container.

Kahnefan5

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
We use that exact container and love it, it locks air tight, keeps the food fresh, ours hold 40 lb bags of food.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
We also have the same container and works great. No issues with smell. More then big enough for a large kibble bag.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
We use the ones where they sit on the bottom and the door opens in front. Can't find a picture of them on any websites.....If you want I'll take a picture of ours. They are awesome. Love 'em

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Now that we have just one little bulldog, :) we buy the food in smaller bags with zip lock tops. With the bullmastiffs, I had a massive container--but no more!!! :jumpdance:

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
I use a container as well but it's stainless steel and labelled with a lid, no issues so far, but my bully goes through it so fast I doubt it's ever get stale anyway

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have used several but the one you have shown there the second upright one is the one i love the best. it really is airtight and keep the food very fresh and its small so doesnt take up alot of space for the food it holds is what i really love. :2thumbs:

Loricritter

Apr 8, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Wregle, Roxy
We use the upright one shown in your picture as well. Our bullies eat outside so we keep the container on the patio next to their bowls and we have never had a problem. It is airtight and even when it rains hard enough to blow in the covered area, the food stays dry and fresh. It holds a lot too.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Those are what I use and they work great! The big one holds a big bag of food so it is perfect. I have 2 so I can always have an extra bag on hand as well, just in case. Nothing has ever gotten into them.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
We use the one on the right, but I am not sure why, they go through food so fast I don't think it could ever go bad

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online