Looking for anyone who has experience with Ectopic Ureter

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
:cry:Our 5 1/2 month old Bully, Nate has been scheduled for a CT Scan and ultrasound at Northstar Hospital on Tuesday, with possible surgery scheduled for Wednesday for what they believe to be Ectopic Ureter. He will have to remain hospitalized until Friday. I am extremely nervous over this whole thing. I am looking for anyone who has any experience with Ectopic Ureter or urine leakage. Nate has been treating for UTI on several occasions. Any information would be appreciated, as the more internet research I do the more nervous I get. Was hoping to find someone who has had this procedure or any experience. This is our first bully and we are devastated over this. He is such a great dog.

006.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I know there are a few here that have, I just can't remember who. But someone will be along that does.

OP
Richard Jones

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Thanks, I hope so. Nate is such a great dog and I am so worried about him and this surgery. They are also going to neuter him at the same time. I pray that this all works out for him. It is such a huge expense, but he is so worth it. My 10 year old son would be devastated if something happens. Pray for him!!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Somebody was just on last week that had one done on a male recently. It's good to get it taken care of quickly. I'm sorry you have to worry about something so terrible being a new bully parent. I will do some searching to see if I can remember who it was, hang on.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang, I went looking for the person who has the same problem, :confused: sorry, it was you that posted last week about it. I hope someone will come along soon who has had the experience.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh I wish I knew who it was, I am also no help. :( all surgeries r scary, just have to yet in your vet. If you have a good bulldog vet then the worry is much easier but still there.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I'm so sorry Nate and you and your family have to go through this. I have no experience but just wanted to know I'll be thinking about you all. Have you contacted his breeder at all? They may be able to help out. Such a lot to go through already at such a young age. :(

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I did a quick search just now and if you type in "Ectopic Ureter forums" there's a lot of sites that come up. You may be able to get some more info. I didn't see anything here.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this!!! We'll be praying for your baby! Let us know how it goes.

OP
Richard Jones

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Did have contact with the breeder, who wanted to offer us a full refund, however, wanted Nate back. That was not an option. He has offered some financial assistance with the surgery. Just hoping it is successful.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lots of prayers being sent your way. It sure doesn't take a lot of time to fall in love with these beautiful characters

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online