what's your best advice on shampoo brand and kind?

Ebnrjn21

Oct 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
We have a few picked out!
We are getting our first english bulldog very soon, and I'm trying to have some things ready for the puppy before it comes. My question is what's the best brand and kind of shampoo for An english bulldog? I know they can have skin issues, so I thought maybe get a best of the best and use it and maybe then they won't have so many skin issues. What do all you think? I know there are oatmeal kinds and hypoallergenic to name a few what kinds and brand work best?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
On young pups I just use baby shampoo, once they are older and more prone to skin issues I use pharmaseb, it's expensive but its anti bacterial and anti fungal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Welcome! I'm a three week EB parent. From what I've read Oatmeal isn't a good choice as Oatmeal is a carb (sugar) which feeds yeast, to which English Bulldogs are prone. Lisa, thanks for the Pharmaseb rec. I bought a tea tree oil shampoo and it's done okay. My girl did have a yeast ear infection and hives in reaction to an antibiotic. Good for you that you are reading up on Bulldogs.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Before using pharmaseb I used a tea tree oil one, it did okay but did not really prefer the smell too much.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
21PcbyfNiwL.jpg
I always use this shampoo by Tomlyn it comes in strawberry and vanilla ... after shampooing I give a nice conditioning rinse by Kelco called Ultra Silk

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have used an oatmeal based shampoo as well. I used Tgel a couple of times on the suggestion of the breeder to help with environmental allergies affecting the skin but it didn't seem to be that effective so I quit using it

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use the Puppy Tearless Oatmeal and Chamomile brand from Petsmart, and it leaves them smelling like baby powder, and theirvfurvis soft, plus it doesn't bother their eyes. We also use apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water to rinse them after shampoo, leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it off, it is really good for their coat, leaves them soft, and helps to get rid of the excess soap residue, plus I find that it keeps them smelling nice longer in between their baths. We bathe our dogs every 2 weeks.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i used to use a plain oatmeal shampoo on sarah but she is allergic to oats so i quite using it. now i use duoxo ps shampoo on her skin issues as its anti bacterial and helps with fungal issues to and i use Kenic neem oil/ oatmeal shampoo on the rest of her and my bostons. neem oil is good for the skin and it makes their coats soft n shiny.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.