Bianca's 12 wk vet visit...

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So, we finally settled on Bianca. It seems to fit her and she answered to it immediately! She went today for her shots and shes finally up to 10 lbs 3 oz. The vet says she will be small. She is still parasite free and according to the vet perfect. I do have a few questions as its been a long time since tyson and ellie were pups... we feed her Earthborne puppy, and feed her 1 1/2 cups per feeding twicw a day. She still seems so small to me and she has a well defined waistline but I think maybe too defined. I know we should feed 3 times a day and sometimes do, but some days we just cant due to schedules. Is this ok? Also she has a straight tail. It had a curve or crook on the end naturally but it inverted into her rectum so the vet amputated the crook so we wouldnt have major issues later. So now its just about a 2 inch nub or straight tail. Sometimes it lays down but sometimes she wags it and it stands straight up like a boxer or something.....is this normal for straight tails? Tyson is a tight curl on his bootie. She weighed in at 3 lbs at 6 weeks, 6 lbs 5 oz at 9 weeks and 10 lbs 3 oz at 12 weeks...just a paranoid momma. Other than my worries, shes great. Shes spunky, a true diva and such a joy. She loves her fur bubba and sissy . They are so much fun at this age, but the training is for the dogs lol. Shes doing well with potty training, working on her nipping and chewing. Thanks guys :D
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like she is doing great so far! It does kinda sound like a lot of food for a little girl though. If her poo is soft, she may be getting too much. I love the name Bianca too, good job!

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Her poo is actually good. The vet said if she only eats twice per day keep it at that. If she eats it all good, if not thats ok too. Guess we will see. Here is a good shot of her. Maybe shes not skinny lol
uploadfromtaptalk1365132559985.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
yeah if you can't always feed her 3x a day just stick with 2x it's better to regulate her schedual for now, and keeps her potty schedual normal! it's ok if she's just a little bit! Have fun with her... and post more photos! :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
She looks perfect!!! Straight tails are my favorite. My dear Mack (2003 - 2012) had a straight tail that he could wag and he would elevate it (so it was parallel with the floor) when he felt important! A straight tail is on my list of things to look for in a Bulldog!

Attachments

• Bulldog Butts 002.JPG
    Bulldog Butts 002.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 122

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im no expert on straight tails as sarah does not have one really just a big tail pocket but i believe ive read others say there bullies wag theirs when excited and lift it from time to time so i think that is normal. i will tag a couple of people who might know better than me. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:hmm: I don't believe I ever heard of a tail standing uP

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If you mean it lifts away from her body and stands straight up in the air .. then no I don't know if Ive seen that. But both Daddy and LInus have enuogh of a tail to wag it when they do the bully bootie wiggle!! And when that happens the tail lifts away from their butt!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy has a straight tail and can wag it and elevate it to were it is parallel with the floor, but not stick straight up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.