Nursing?!?!

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
Good afternoon! So all morning little miss Nora has been "nursing" on her stuffed cow. Paw pawing on it and all! I used to have cats when I was younger and they always did this especially at night usually on blankets. I have had a few dogs in my life and have never seen a dog do this. I'm not worried or anything. I guess for some reason she is comforting herself. But I just find it funny because she is 7 & 1/2 months old now and I have never seen her do this. Does any one's bully babies do this?

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Too cute...lol, My Daizy does this and she's 3.5. She has had the same pink bunny since we got her at 3 months. Every other stuffy my 2 destroy except this one. It is her baby and Duke doesn't even touch that one. She suckles on that thing for hours on end

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bulldogs arent your 'normal' dogs!!!!!!! :laugh:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I had not ever seen this before either, but my granddog nurses on a blanket or soft toy when he is tired. He is 10 months old now. It is so cute to watch!! I wonder if they will ever grow out of this.:rofl:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think this is one of the most endearing things about Bully's. We had a Pug that did this but like Nora said, I thought only cats did it.

Buster has a stuffed Kong reindeer that he has had since he was a puppy and he will suckle and kneed on it. Cutest thing on the face of the earth.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse has done this since we first got him and I thought he must of thought Noodles (his toy) was his mum but he does it every single night just before he is ready to go to bed. I have never seen it before with any other dogs we have had. It does look so sweet watching him do it each night and as [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] says a bulldog is not a normal dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Only one of my eight do this, but I know several that do! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Orion is almost 4 and she's gone thru many many many stinky bears. She sucks on them so much, her little nails, feet and cheeks get ruddy/yeasty from all the slobber that the bear absorbs. AND...it's called a stinky bear for a reason.

OP
Nora Jowls

Nora Jowls

Nov 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nora Jowls
That video is great. I'm not sure how long she has been doing it. Yesterday I picked up her pet frog and at first I thought she peed on him then realized he was all yucky because she has been suckling on him! I'm thinking she has been doing this a while and I haven't noticed.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace would suckle in his sleep for a few weeks after we brought him home but he never used an object to suckle on. You could clearly tell that was what he was doing I think he was dreaming of suckling on his mom

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lucy does this too! She also tries to nurse off of Lola! Lucy does it to her bed and blankets. I think its a pretty common thing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.