Gasp! Not my little puppy!

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Gretzky keeps trying to hump me, and only me! He only does it while I am walking around.
I do not acknowledge it because I don't want to direct any attention to it, good or bad.
He is only 4 1/2 months old... Is it normal? And why only me?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Is it a dominance thing? Maybe he sees you as lower in the pack. Do you feed him and supply his water? Take him out to use the bathroom or does someone else do that?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue sometimes humps as well. First it was his stuffie, then my arm or leg, and now my husbands arm. As long as he doesn't do it too often, we let it go. At this age, I think it's impossible to say why they're doing it.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
i think they all do it sometime Ftse started about that age too and I didn't really make too much fuss and I dont see him doing it now, not saying that he wont again.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is almost 6 months old and intact and hasn't humped at all yet since I have had him from 8 weeks. I'm sure he will eventually but if not obsessive or anxiety driven its completely natural on occasion. It would be unnatural if they didn't do it. They way I would handle it is just don't let him do it and distract him by giving him something else to do. Personally I wouldn't be obsessed by it if my dog does it on occasion and would simply distract when the dog does it. Litter mates hump one another even when very young, its normal behavior among dogs and only when it is anxiety driven or when they become obsessive with it does it become a problem. Ace in the past would straddle my leg sometimes when I was sitting on the floor playing with him and I sort of sensed by his actions that it may turn to humping so I just moved my leg where he couldn't straddle it and that was the end of that for the time being.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some will do this, so you need to tell him NO so he will learn it is not acceptable. Make him stop it.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby tried to hump his dad. David just corrected him and he hasn't done it again. This was about a week ago so at the age of 5 months.

I know its wrong but after he tried to hump him I had to walk away I was laughing so hard. Clearly Tubby sees me as the leader of the pack

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Some will do this, so you need to tell him NO so he will learn it is not acceptable. Make him stop it.

That's what we did with our bullmastiff who ended up weighing in at 140 pounds! He learned quickly that it wasn't acceptable!--thank goodness!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.