Just one?????

mc0624

Feb 21, 2013
West Linn, OR
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bitty, Betsy & Buster
Let me preface this by saying that I have ALWAYS wanted a bulldog. However, the option just didn't present itself until Bitty came along a month ago. I am so happy to have her - she is the absolute perfect addition to our family. She makes me laugh so hard at times that I have tears running down my face!

With that said.....we've actually spoken out loud that maybe we should get another -LOL.

Bitty came to us at a year old and was living with 7 other Bully's. I feel a silly saying this but she seems a little lonely with no playmates. I work at home so I am pretty much always there but I am not able to play with her constantly (or I make no $) and she does have lots of toys.

Am I crazy to think that she might be happier with a friend?

So how many have multiple bully's? How is that?

thanks

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Let me preface this by saying that I have ALWAYS wanted a bulldog. However, the option just didn't present itself until Bitty came along a month ago. I am so happy to have her - she is the absolute perfect addition to our family. She makes me laugh so hard at times that I have tears running down my face!

With that said.....we've actually spoken out loud that maybe we should get another -LOL.

Bitty came to us at a year old and was living with 7 other Bully's. I feel a silly saying this but she seems a little lonely with no playmates. I work at home so I am pretty much always there but I am not able to play with her constantly (or I make no $) and she does have lots of toys.

Am I crazy to think that she might be happier with a friend?

So how many have multiple bully's? How is that?

thanks

Good Greif if you are working from home you must have another!!!! I have 5 :2thumbs:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Of course you should have two dogs! :) We have always had multiple dogs at a time and they always seem happier to have another canine around. Tank and Stella are best buddies, they sleep together, chew bones together....fun times. Lol

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
We got Liz first and thought she needed a playmate other than my tootsies (she was a puppy). Then the opportunity presented itself to get Amy for her to play with, so we have 2, only 2 months apart in age. They are bff's and do everything together.

rksuski

Jul 2, 2012
Madison, Wi
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Lol....we have had this conversation in our house as well. My hubby said we should wait til Guinness is 1 to talk about it.....guess who just turned 1? I think two would be perfect!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
If I worked from home I would definitely have two!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
:hmm: This question is like asking an addict if they shouldn't have a tad bit more! :ROFL:

Or a room full of addicts! :biglaugh:

Ain't that the truth!!!

I have 2 bully's... so... :D

One thing though... you can possibly have 2 bulldogs that are not naturally compatible (2 strong personalities for example) so a good handle on training may be needed with multiple dogs.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i think that dogs like having playmates other than humans as we have work and things to do so cant always be there for them. sure but yes they dont always get along so that should be a consideration to. usually one of the opposite sex is a good bet with compatability. so yes why not have 2. i have sarah and 2 bostons. :2thumbs:

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I would love to have 2 but everytime I bring it up my husband says no. All he thinks about is twice the vet bills, twice the food, and twice the poop. I think about twice the cuddling, twice the bully kisses, and twice the amount of wiggling that is done when I come home. Although we have had some discussions about whether Rumble enjoys getting all the attention which would not be the case with two. We have spoiled Rumble quite a bit so I'm not sure how that would come into play. I would think that if she was already used to other dogs then I would go for it!

RachaelJ

Mar 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I would love to have 2 but everytime I bring it up my husband says no. All he thinks about is twice the vet bills, twice the food, and twice the poop. I think about twice the cuddling, twice the bully kisses, and twice the amount of wiggling that is done when I come home. Although we have had some discussions about whether Rumble enjoys getting all the attention which would not be the case with two. We have spoiled Rumble quite a bit so I'm not sure how that would come into play. I would think that if she was already used to other dogs then I would go for it!

I think I think like your husband. I had two dogs at once before and that is exactly what happend. It got to be overwhelming at times, since it was just me. I learned for me, my family, our lifestyle, we are a 1 dog type of household.

I work from home as well so I think it's me knowing that I may not have the energy for two after I deal with one and my other responsibilities. I think just take a look at your resources, lifestyle and include all the family and you should be able to answer the 1 vs 2 question.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.