Thread: Getting in the Car

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola hops right into the back seat to the floor. once in a hotel parking lot she jumped into the open trunk!! we have a large sedan

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Getting in the Car

@Davidh I'm with you, I'm so afraid she'll get hurt, that won't let her jump up or down. I even worry about her jumping down from the couch...

Edited to add:
    @shobbsie Your Lucy is very cute! I too had a boxer before we got a bulldog. There will always be a hole in my heart until I see her in heaven. They just aren't with us long enough... Sniffle Sniffle

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Ellie hops right into my truck and the wife's Hyundai Tuscon without a problem. Sometimes right into the seat and other times into the floor and then the seat. Either way, she's in as soon as the door is open wide enough for her. I do everything I can to keep her from jumping out of the vehicles, but she has jumped down to the floor and then out. As long as she's on her harness and I have a hold of her leash, I can "live" with her hoping down to the floor and then out, but I try to pick her up to get her out. Thankfully she's smaller and only about 40lbs.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't matter what we've had I've always picked them up to get in and out.

I don't know if they could do it on their own or not as I never let them try!!

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have a Nissen Patrol and I lift Ftse on Nd out as I am too afraid he will hurt himself, hubby has a Ford Ranger he can get in this because it is so low to the ground but I still help him in and out of it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads