Bulldog size/weight

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
On the average what can one expect for normal weight gain over the course of one to two years of age? For example from the age of 6 months can one expect the dog at one year to gain a quarter more weight than the dog currently weighs at 6 months, half the weight or double the weight?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Every Bully is different, but i tagged a few users that may be able to give some insight

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I have never really paid much attention to it before, but it's not that much more weight, unless they are getting over weight. At one year of age they are as tall as they are going to get, and start to widen out so they will gain a little more weight, maybe 5 lbs. or so. I wouldn't think much more than that unless like I said, they are over weight. Diva is 8months old now and weights 51 lbs, so she may get to around 58 lbs. by the time she is two.

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
That's good to know. I saw a chart for bulldogs that basically had them weighing in a year approx. double their weight at 6 months, so I'm thinking oh wow. I was thinking more like a quarter to a half more but actually had no experience or facts to back it up. Thanks.

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Actually I just took a second look at the chart I was referring to and it had about one third more at a year from 6 months so that is more in line with what you said

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's genetics that really make up the ideal weight, height , bone structure and so forth. there is a breed standard for show. but of course not every bully is of show quality. I think the bulldog breed has more differences in one litter alone than any other breed, weights, bone structure, height, color, wrinkles, every thing is different. If you look for instance at a breed like the doberman pincer , the entire litter may look the same and difficult to distinguish between each pup, not so with the bully. Each bully will have it's own unique frame or markings . hope this made sense, and feed your bully and exercise your bully what is right for him or her. some may need more or less. no real scale for each individual

OP
Rural mystic

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is about 5 and half months old and was wondering about what weight he would be at maturity. The breeder estimated about15" and 55 pounds but considering what he weighs now I thought it might be considerably more than that but perhaps not after seeing the chart and what you guys have told me here

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.