Fero celebrated his 13th birthday

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Happy Birthday Fero! Thank you for sharing his story!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Happy Birthday! How wonderful he showed them a little bit of surgery won't stop him from loving life!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Lucky number 13...it's great to know the good possibilities, happy birthday Fero!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's so great to hear he just celebrated his 13th birthday and still going strong! What a great bully! :hug: and :cheers2:
Thanks so much for sharing. :clap2:

OP
cornelia

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Fero says "Thank you" to all of you :p And he is wishing you a long and happy life too.

bb_SSch_Keeper_Joker_Fero_aug2012.jpgbb_Fero_klein.jpg

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=4321]cornelia[/MENTION] you MUST tell us your secret for keeping this boy so handsome and spry at the age of 13! Besides the fact that you can take dogs anywhere you like there in Germany. I loved that about my visit in 2006!! We took my friends dog to restaurants, everywhere, it was amazing. Thanks so much for sharing about your precious boys life. Awesome post for sure!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
That is so wonderful!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to see bullies living long lives :) It encourages me to do my best for my puppy.

Happy Birthday Puppy!!!

OP
cornelia

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Hi Carmin :)

Well, at first Fero has a basicly healthy condition. His owners, our friends (on one of the pics you see Fero with his mom Sabrina)
visited a lot of breeders and checked out the parents of the puppies thoroughly for their vitality and character.
And so they formed a favourable opinion of Fero' breeder before buying him.

Sabrina and Stefan have a good eye for anything unusual with their Bulldogs and then consult their Special-Bulldog-Vet (Peter).
Example: a few years ago Fero was breathing shallowly and their vet found a minor heart problem early, so Fero got a heart-support medicine for a while until his heart stabilised.
Another example : 2 years ago he appeared to be tiring easily and the vet diagnosed a beginning spleen tumour. It was early enough and so the spleen was removed and Fero was healthy again.
Fero's people take it upon themselves to drive 4 hours to Peter, one of the best bulldog-vets in Germany, so as to not take any risks.
(We are lucky, this vet practices only 10 miles away from us.)

By the way, I can´t understand why vets are soooo expensive in USA. Example: "seanjiujitsu" wrote earlier in this forum, that an OP on the urinary tract costs minimum $3300.
In Germany it costs inclusive medicine and 2 days observation in the clinic about 1100 Euros, circa $1400, i.e. less than half.....

Fero was never alone, he and the other Bulldogs are treated like the family's kids - or perhaps better :-) All sleep in a king-kingsize bed.
Sometimes Sabrina cooks for them, to avoid food being boring. And they walk every day to keep condition and a good mood.

The Rest is grace or luck.

bb_1_KK_2.4.2013.jpg Our Kosmo yesterday in the woods :2thumbs:

Yes, dogs are permitted (more welcome as smokers ;-) in restaurants and hotels in Germany. Our Frieda and Kosmo enjoy this :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.